Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help with getting started.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 00:25
First of all, I've read and tried the tutorials that pertain to DarkBasic (I have the electronic version). I've found out that Poser and DBC don't get along due to polygon issues...The problem I am having now is exporting simple models over to DB. I create a model in 3D CanvasPro, export it as 3ds or x and placed in the Media folder. I can view it and click add to place it in my project. When I load the object I'm getting errors --- I'm not at my home PC right now to give exact error, but one dealt with not being able to animate, another stated that it is non DB file. Even the converter program reads as a "non-DB Item"

Pointed questions are:
1. Where exactly should I export the object to?
2. Where should I export my other BMP's to so that my programs will recognize them?
3. When I input coding and save it for later, how can I "convince" DB that it is indeed a DB program?

I think that I'm probably missing one small step that will solve these problems.

~~Tariq

"The basic difference between an ordinary person and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary person takes everything as a blessing or a curse."
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
1. just export your objects to your project folder if that is what you are asking.
2.place them in the same place
i'm not sure what you mean as far as the third question goes.
for the problem with not being able to animate the model, if you know that it is animated, it might use bones for animation. if you have DBC, you can't use boned animations, it must be heirarchy. if it isn't animated, search your code for a play object command.

hope this helps.
Tariq
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 23:28
Thanks for your help!! I'm going to start off with the smaller, non-animated stuff and bmps and move on to animated stuff later - I'll get there!!

Thanks newbie for replying,

T.

"The basic difference between an ordinary person and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary person takes everything as a blessing or a curse."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:32:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:32:39