Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / 3dconnect 5 game - no AI yet

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2005 02:08
Here my code so far, its playable if there are two of you, only media need is a skysphere picture, or any picture will do, just rename the load image "earthmap.bmp",1 to the file name of your picture.

code is set to not load a skysphere change this to sky=1 to load one.

feed back welcome and info on AI welcome.

I'm not getting you down am I, Ho Look! another fancy Door?
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
nice work, but not fun

Morning Online making in my scripting system
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2005 05:57
Wow that was blunt !

It's a good start man (I personaly found it reasonably fun for its point in WIP). A few thing you could do to make it more playable.

* Mouse control to move the camera: Make sure you can not just rotate around but also over.

* A nice backdrop: Yeah its slightly picky, but it does effect the mood and interest of the player so its good to put in (And with geecee3's collection of free backdrops available theres no good reason not to !)

* Have the game end when someone wins: Obviously it in your plan but I thought id reiterate it here.

* Have the balls drop into place: Currently they just appear, it would be nice to see them fall (Also the balls seem just a little small)

But a very nice start, will be good to see how this goes.
Keep up the good work.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2005 06:01
Cheers Baggers for the input.

Quote: "
* Have the balls drop into place: Currently they just appear, it would be nice to see them fall (Also the balls seem just a little small)
"

Moving the balls to drop in place is on the list writing the winning lines took most of the time after getting the placements position right.
As for the balls begin small there was a reason for that if they were to big you would not have been able to see the other balls when in position you might miss a winning line.

* Mouse control to move the camera: Make sure you can not just rotate around but also over.
"

Hadn't thought of that sounds like a dam good idea, will be looking into doing that.

* Have the game end when someone wins: Obviously it in your plan but I thought id reiterate it here.
"

Yep that ones on the list but your point made me think yes I may just want to quit the game and go to work or bed or something?

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2005 05:30 Edited at: 21st Jul 2005 06:38
"

Big thanks to RUCCUS for giving away how to move the camera around and object.

here it is with mouse viewing.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2005 05:22
Quote: "* Have the balls drop into place: Currently they just appear, it would be nice to see them fall (Also the balls seem just a little small)
"

here it is with ball dropping installed.

if anyone trys it, can you say if it to slow or just right?

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 03:35
New update, you are now able to listen to your own cd's while playing, just don't change your mind about which one you are playing, eg don't eject and then put it back in.

Not fixed that bit yet,ok if you put another one in.
adding a shine to the spheres, nearly there with that.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 02:31
Another update! have some shine on the sphere and the world that you play in is a little brighter, also fixed the win, want another go or quit part at the end.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:18:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:18:35