Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Puzzle Competition Entry: Ouch!

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2005 10:07 Edited at: 18th Jul 2005 10:07
Well, just started my puzzle competition entry today. Trashed my old idea for something much more simple, and got a whole lot done. Having spent half my day on this, I'm quite proud of it.

The idea is very simple, in that the character(in this case, an alien) will tell you what part of his body is hurting. All you have to do is click on it, and you score some points. Currently two modes of play(easy and hard). Easy being he tells you what exactly hurts(so you can learn how to play), and hard where you have to guess a little bit.

So here's a screenshot, and I'll probably post a link to the final build tomorrow at the deadline. Just happy to have another game I can add to my resume more than anything really. Good luck to all other participants!

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2005 10:36
it sucks

no really, looks kinda cool, i'll play it when i can

Jimmy wannabe
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2005 13:13 Edited at: 18th Jul 2005 13:16
Hehe thanks. A screenshot can't really do this justice, as it's a really funky game with all the sounds I have in it. Currently there's 2 characters, each with 2 sets of dialog(1 for easy, 1 for hard) that's somewhat entertaining.

This would actually make a fairly decent childrens game(ages 3 and up?), as it's so simple.

Here's a little video so you can see it in action(5.4 megs).
http://www.curvedbasic.com/ouch.avi
(Note: Sounds may be choppy due to compression)

Lots more to add though:
-Possibly one more character or at least more dialogs.
-New textures for the little platform
-Maybe one more gameplay mode
-More sounds
-More polished music

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:19:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:19:47