Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / The Camera And Controls Of A 3D One on One Fighting Game. Need Help.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I can pretty much get started on an engine for the vast majority of game styles now that I've been using DBP for about a year, however one is being a major pain in the ass and that is the fighting game ala Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur as opposed to Power Stone and Super Smash Bros. I was wondering If anyone had a small example of how to do the controls and camera of a fighting game like the ones formentioned, I know how to get comobos working and how to detect if moves hit however I cant start upon all this if I don't have the proper movement and camera system at their most primitive stage that work like they should in a fighter, any help would really be appreciated for my friend and I have been working upon the concept of our fighter for four months now and I've tried numerous times to work out the proper camera and controls for a one on one fighting game however each time a failure.

So please if you can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Animeblood

My Blog Is Seriously Disturbing. Come and Be Disturbed!
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 12:12 Edited at: 25th Jul 2005 12:14
Isnt the camera positioned in the games you mentioned all the same? From the side at the extents of where the characters are...

Not quite understanding the problem. If you want to just make sure the camera zooms our as the characters move out and zom in as the characters move in that should be as simple as checking if the object is in screen using the screen object commands, and if not moving the camera backwards. Then zooming in if all objects are in screen.

As far as controls go, if you're having two players on the same computer I'd do this (the way im doing it for my similar game)

Player 1:

A = Move right
D = Move left
W = Jump
D = Fall down faster

Player 2:

Right Arrow = Move right
Left Arrow = Move Left
Up Arrow = Jump
Down Arrow = Fall down faster

Then just add in other buttons close to the movement controls for moves such as kicks, punches, throwing etc.

If that's not quite what you're asking then please explain more, maybe it's just me.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Controls I know how the layout will be. My problem is the movement of the player sorry I should've been more clear and I cant get a camera taht acts the way it does in DOA or SC.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 03:39

The camera works but the collision is screwed for some reason!

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.dbspot.com
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Well collision isn't a concern for me right now thanks for the code Andrew I'll go try it now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 23:25:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 23:25:33