Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sphere inside partially transparent cube?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to create a partially transparent cube and put a spehere inside it. Camera would be outside of the cube directed at it. I have tried alpha blending, ghost object and transparency settings. None of those seem to work nice and clean, although the ghost object is quite near.

What is the correct way to do this?

Also, I would like to have a border to the cube. Something like wireframe, except that only outlines without the center lines.
Leeorg
Years of Service
User Offline
Try Ghost Object On <object number>
That will make the cube transparent. If it doesn't work properly - do you know if your 3d card supports alpha blending? As for bordering your cube, if you have a 3d modeling program you can texture each side of the cube then export it as an X file.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 05:03
He said he's tried that.

Though yes ghost is probably what you want, I think the reason you aren't liking it is because of the lighting. Try changing the surrounding lighting effects to give you the effect you need.

Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 07:12 Edited at: 27th Jul 2005 07:19
I would make 2 cubes one for alpha mapping and one for textureing the wireframe.

I would use this for alphamapping that way you can adjust the amount of detail from the center part of the cube by changing the alpha amount, without effecting the wireframe image color quality.

this for the transparent frame seperate from the alpha cube so it doesnt lose color from alpha mapping the other cube

Your signature has been erased by a mod -- please resize to under 600x120...
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 03:53
OK, I believe I resolved the problem with this source code. The code makes the object ghost, it positions the object correctly together, and if the colors are the same, the object (cube) gives off a light blue wireframe look. If you want black, use what Zone Chicken said and use the textures. Other than that, my code should assure that the objects are together.

In that code, you can also turn the objects by pressing right key or left key. You can adjust the code for your needs.

------------------
Vote for Excelsis on the Puzzle Game Compo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:24:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:24:47