Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Quick question on getting darkSDK up and running

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 02:12
Ok I've been working on getting the examples to compile and It keeps comming up with and error saying it can't open the include file "d3d9.h", any ideas as what to do to work around it? The error is in the darkSDKDisplay.h file, if someone could respond that would be great!

CPU

[center]K-OS Battlefields
IS
///---///---///---UNDER CONSTRUCTION---\\\---\\\---\\\
[center]
Briere
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 02:27
CPU do you have AOL, AIM or MSN? Im having the same problem, we can work on it together.

Formerly The Fixxer
http://www.xiemsoft.cjb.net
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 04:42
Ensure you are using one of the DirectX 9 SDKs that is compatible with your compiler. I'm fairly sure this one from October 2004 is still ok with Visual C++ 6.0 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=B7BC31FA-2DF1-44FD-95A4-C2555446AED4&displaylang=en.

If you are using Microsoft Visual .NET 2003 then you will be alright downloading one of the latest releases of the DirectX 9 SDK.

After installing the DirectX 9 SDK make sure paths are set to it for the include and library directories. Then try compiling one of the sample programs included with the Dark Game SDK to check all is okay.

If you need any further assistance you can email me directly mike@thegamecreators.com. If you do email please provide as much detail as possible e.g. compiler you are using, version of DirectX 9 and what exactly it is you're doing like compiling a program and getting certain error messages.
CPU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 09:49
hmmm... There's a bunch of different ones I could download, when I go to the page, but the 8 hour download time over 58k is killer... is there an easier way around? or do I have to download the whole thing?

I'm using Visual Studio .NET 2003, the version of DirectX is probably the one where I last downloaded the latest patch for DBPro, I'll go check later...

If you could help that'd be great.

Oh and Xiemsoft, I do have MSN but it like doesn't work at all and I've partialy given up on it, so your best bet is probably to e-mail me, but as of yet I havn't figured out what exactly I need to do.

CPU

[center]K-OS Battlefields
IS
///---///---///---UNDER CONSTRUCTION---\\\---\\\---\\\
[center]
Erick G
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 14:47
Yes, you have to download the whole DirectX SDK. Maybe try get a friend with a better connection to do it, then rip it to CD or something.
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2005 03:09
Visual Studio .Net 2002 works just fine with the latest Direct X SDK.
I've been using it for awhile.
SoulMan
*COUGH* DEV-C++ *COUGH*

This is as backwards as is This

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:05:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:05:31