Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Transparancy with textured objects + collision problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Firstly, is it possble to make colours of an image pasted onto an object transparant?

Second, my program's collision detection doesn't seem to be working, I've only done it for the player's shots hitting the enemy so far (Will do the enemy's shots once I get the player's working)

Can anyone see what is going wrong?

Thanks
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
for your first question, yes you can. you need to first use GET IMAGE and then use it as a texture for the object. Then you can use GHOST OBJECT ON.

Just a guess for your second, because the bullet moves 15 each loop, it may just pass straight through the object without ever colliding. Also, I can't see any collision code(I may have just missed it). I find it best to use the OBJECT COLLISION command instead of the OBJECT HIT command(it works more often).

Hope this helps!
Daedelous
Years of Service
User Offline
Explain the ghost object command a bit more like how I can get 1 color to remain transparant.

Also, collision isn't working at ANY speed =(

Thanks
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 01:14
It depends on the color. If the color is black, you use ghost object on OBJECT NUMBER : set object OBJECT NUMBER,1,0,0

Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks

Can you figure out why the collison is not working?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:24:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:24:37