Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Dungeon Tutorial

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 01:02
Hey does anyone know how to place monsters in the Dungeon tutorial? I've been tryin to figure this out for a while. Please help!!!

"Winners never quit and quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."
El Salt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 07:27
I'm guessing you should pick a specific character to stand for an enemy, and then create a subroutine that determines the position, drops the model, handles the collisions, and keeps track of its movement. Try using the code for a "wall block" as a starting point. Also, keep in mind that you want it to be able to move even when you aren't within the 16x16 rendering block.

Just my two cents.

My pet peeve is "net lingo." It's not so hard to type the "y" and "o" in "you," people.
Deep Thought 42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 14:24
Thanks. I think I can do that.

"Winners never quit and quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:33:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:33:38