Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / .X world appearing tilted?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 07:24
First of all, I just thought I'd say I'm very impressed with DarkBASIC Professional in the week I've owned it. I've been programming for nine years, and modeling for two, and this is much more efficient than hard coding it in DirectX calls. This is my first post here, and I honestly don't spend a lot of time on forums, but I've got an issue I hope someone can help resolve. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not going to bust out the standard "hay guyzz how do u mak a game im gonna mayke a gam like halo but i needz u help" post.

Anyway, I'm loading up a very basic .x world and just flying the camera around. Problem is, it loads at an angle. I converted it from .3ds once using a converter tool and, after I saw that it was tilted, manually importing and exporting using DelEd. Same deal. I know I could probably rotate the .x, but I want to know what's causing this.

I tried posting this earlier, but the thing bombed on me, so I'll put the straight source code here and attach the files on the next post. On that note, please excuse the pending double post.

Any help would be appreciated.
(Textures made by me, by the way. )

My pet peeve is "net lingo." It's not so hard to type the "y" and "o" in "you," people.
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 08:10
cant access your source code sorry.....
El Salt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 08:33
That's odd. Here it is again. Don't I feel like a moron...

My pet peeve is "net lingo." It's not so hard to type the "y" and "o" in "you," people.
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 18:56 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2005 19:10
before you do anything with the camera do this

position camera x,y,z
point camera x+1,y,z

I find that left to it`s own Pro tends to leave the camera slightly tilted when it finishes loading objects, I think thats what you may be suffering from, try

or you can turn the autocam off first, what happens is that DB-Pro points the camera at the center of the object when it is loaded and seems to leave it pointing slightly downwards, so

should give the same effect, either way the scene should now be level.

Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 21:06
I've got a cam problem i load off the matrix!

life's a game and a games a life More games at www.freewebs.com/halorc
El Salt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 21:57
@Me!
I tried the second approach (disabling the autocam) and it worked perfectly. Thanks for all the help!

@Darkbasic MAD
I think we have separate problems, so the thing to do would be making your own topic. Also, when you do, be more specific. Saying...

Quote: "I've got a cam problem i load off the matrix!
"

...doesn't give you much to work with.

My pet peeve is net lingo. It's not so hard to type the "y" and "o" in "you," people.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:35:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:35:41