Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Red Sun: Evolution

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 22:26 Edited at: 6th Aug 2005 01:19
RED SUN : Evolution

Main Plot : In the year is 3146, the planet Earths nations have become one union, known as the Confederation. As humans began to expand into the age of technology many scientific, and genetic enhancement have been discovered. Space travel became easier, and faster with the new plasma engines, but with great advancement came a heavy price. The natural resources were eventually depleted from planet earth. The humans began there search for resources in other solar systems and galaxies. The humans began to colonize the surrounding solar systems. Eventually humans traveled to distant galaxies.

Game Type: FPS, RPG, (and some horror elements)

Email me if you would like to join the Team.

Xtremecentral@sbcglobal.net
(When you email me please include name and position aplying for and mabe a referance of your work.)

Jobs Available:
- 1 Texture artists/ 2d artist
- 1 Model Animator
- 1 Programer

Current Team size: 5

King programer
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
u mean FPRPG..

anyway, any screenshots?

Morning Online
Frozen Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Bad Db master, Bad.

First thing. Team requests are not allowed. unless they are really good and have good PICTURES and demos demonstrating what is needed.

And i see this thread will get locked very fast because you have nothing to show you even began the game, your asking for people who you dont even need yet, and what more? You have registered here a year ago. You should atleast have known what not to do.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=37738&b=8

read, understand, work, repost

School is supposed to be teaching our kids how to read and write. Not about dangerous drugs like PHP.
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 22:58 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2005 23:28
GRRR! Another lame WIP thread.

Nobody cares about your lame storyline and you obviously aren't ready to get a team together so don't bother.

Katie Holmes does not endorse D&C or Drew Cameron.
Dom
Years of Service
User Offline
Why is it that there is a sudden torrent of rubbish WIP posts which tell us the storyline and how great the game will be, JUST GET ON AND MAKE THE BLOODY THING!

Formerly Saberdude --DFStudios--
DB_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Let me clear up one thing I have been making the game for a while now and realized that I cant do it alone.

Here is a screenshot of one of the planets Ive made:

King programer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 23:06
I'll help model if you get some programming done... Heck, I'll help program if you want...
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 23:29
Don't post WIP threads if you haven't made progress. If you can't get far enough to show progress, you aren't ready to rope other people in to do your work for you.

soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 02:02
Quote: "Why is it that there is a sudden torrent of rubbish WIP posts "

Couldn't agree more, over the last few days there's been more than a few posts similar to this.

When the power of love overcomes the love of the power... the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Bo**ocks to Blair
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 02:21
yup, and well, BURN EM!!!! j/k come on, don't newbs read the stickies (well I never read them until idiots making stupid WIP were advise to look at it )

DB_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
IF you guys arent going to do anything useful and just complain at me then dont even post at all.

For the people that are intrested here are some textures i have created for the first level. (3/34 of my textures)

King programer

Attachments

EFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 03:04
Good texture work. Would look great in-level.

-
DB_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a screenshot from one of the levels.

Note: More detail might be added later.

King programer

Attachments

The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
You cant tell people to stop complaining you were breaking forum rules...no screenshots or demos means no wip post allowed. You cant expect people to join you if you havnt got anything to show that your project is serious.

The admiral
DB_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
I know what the rules are, but It just took me longer then i thought to get some screenshots and stuff. (my bad)

King programer
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 12:55
ok, even though i agree about posting without screenshots and stuff, everyones made their point, and i think we should now see what the thread is all about rather that keep complaining

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 13:27
looks good, can't really say much yet though, sounds like a good story and well I can tell the graphics will be jus fine, got some talet in texturing in ya

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 14:02
While I must admit that's very good texure work on the hallway, this thread needs more progress to save it.

Need a team? No noob bullshit, visit http://www.teamrequest.com
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 14:13
Let's just hope that is the actual game and not just a pic froma a level editor

[url=www.lightningstudios.co.uk][/url]
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 14:36
Nice hallway,

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 14:47
Nicey textured hallway, but looks dangeriously prerendered/clean. Where's the ubiquetious dbp debug data that people plaster on their screenshots so often?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 15:42
Quote: " Where's the ubiquetious dbp debug data that people plaster on their screenshots so often?
"

Not all of us plaster it, I only put the position to locate where I'm gonna place objects and turn it off,l don't need the FPS, if it runs slowly theres something wrong as my best FPS is only 30 on anything (except on 2D games)

Bestotr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 15:48 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2005 15:55
First thing I do every project IS writing the FPS on 0,0 ....

BTT: The screen is looking well ... keep on doing ...

Next Games: Project Domino / A Racing Game / A FPS

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 17:58
Looks like an average start, nothing really to comment on at the moment. Better make some more progress so that people can actually make useful comments.

DB_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
This is one face model ive made for the game. (under 5000 vertices)

King programer

Attachments

soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 01:39
Any chance of a wireframe of that model?

How much have you coded so far, e.g. is player movement sorted? enemy locations etc etc?

When the power of love overcomes the love of the power... the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Bo**ocks to Blair
DB_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Im posting up a Rendering of the redsun Title screen.

King programer

Attachments

DB_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
I have all the basics for an fps game and some of the character stats code done. I also have worked on the menu system.

King programer
Louiz ofRohr
Years of Service
User Offline
DB Master, I can see you're really working..
But I'll give you a friendly hint now..
Don't care with game's completion for a while.

I like the gray textures above, the piece of corridor and the face

Quote: "This is one face model ive made for the game. (under 5000 vertices)"

?? 4000 Vertices in a face ??
For a in-game CHARACTER you need less than 3000 vertices..
Ok.. Surely you know what you're doing

Just continue your nice work..

The worst foe lies within the self...
Keaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2005 23:56
@DB Master
{Insert generic good looking progress comment}. I would think about restarting this thread. A simple cut and paste and link to the screenies. You'll get better responses. People automatically assume if they don't see the progress there is none. Well I haven't seen progress on the new physics pack but I know it's there.

BTW depending on scene complexity and number of chars on screen 5000 isn't so bad. Keep it up this will be a project to watch. Finally if you make another WIP/Team request thread you can get a mod to delete this one most likely to avoid frustration and confusion..

Breaking Stuff=Fun!,Bug Testing<>Fun!, Bug Testing=Breaking Stuff, so...
Bug Testing=Fun! Hmmmm....
DOES NOT COMPUTE! SYSTEM MALFUNTION!
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 01:52
I'll say again, any chance of a screenie of that model in wireframe?

Bo**ocks to Blair
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 01:54
soapy, not many take notice until some one else says it no matter how many time you say it...trust me, on one post it took until Megaton Cat to say something
soooo....

WIREFRAME PLEASE, I'D LIKE TO SEE IT TOO, TO COMMENT ON GEOMETRY

soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 03:11
Quote: "WIREFRAME PLEASE, I'D LIKE TO SEE IT TOO, TO COMMENT ON GEOMETRY"

Lol, I'd like to see it because I don't think he made the model.

Bo**ocks to Blair
Psycho Gary
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 03:20 Edited at: 7th Aug 2005 03:21
is that face made in facegen by any chance?
http://www.facegen.com

if not, nice job on that looks pretty professional :p
problem with facegen is its extreme high poly count otherwise id use it

:p
DB_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Since I got so many requests here is the wireframe of the basic marine head.(I used gamespace 1.6 )

I would like a moderator to help me get a new Tread with the same name.

King programer

Attachments

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 12:34
@Gary looks very face modeller esque.....but what I am wondering is why his wireframe is obviously done in DB rather than the program he used to model.

@Soapy, told it would work, see we got a wireframe woooooot!! lol

DB_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
I just put it in darkbasic because I just wanted to show everyone that it can be used in darkbasic.

King programer
Alkaline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 08:55
obicisly it can be done in dark basic...i have a command in my console that makes everything wire frame.

Quote: "Lol, I'd like to see it because I don't think he made the model. "

i would too but in the model editor.

768 DDR pc3200||ATI 9600xt 256mb||330 GB hard drive||Amd XP 3000+
InDex v2.0
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 15:43
I don't see what the title has to do with the game.
Red sun means the sun is dying, but that's going to happen over a couple of billion years... Right? Or does it has something to do with some other solar system?

Or maybe it's just another cool name?

Immunity and Annihalation makes Immunihalation...
DB_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
There is actaully a reason why the game is called red sun. In the middle of this one galaxy there is a red sun. This galaxy is the key to the survival of mandkind. This galaxy is abundent with resorces, and is home to some elements which have never been discovered. This galaxy not only has alot of things we need. There is also alot of thing we dont want, like deadly diseases, hostile aliens, and severe natual disasters.

King programer
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 22:16
but galaxies are huge and conain thousands and millions of stars i failed to see how you can have one central star in the center and if its gone into a red giant and given the size of it wouldent most of the galaxy have been engulfed by the rapid increace in size?

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 00:37
he's right.....I think in games you'll need to understand the concept of things, so if your game will have knowledge in the physics of the universe, so look up the birth, life and death of a star, look up white dwarfs, red dwarfs (And not the weird TV program) red shifts etc. heck I'll pull out my revision guide but it doesn't contain much on this part of the course, so bare with me.

So if its gonna have a red sun, make sure its not in the center of the universe, bad idea.....(supposedly, I think its our galaxy that is orbitting a black hole 100 times the size of our sun....see kids you should watch the discovery channel )

The death of stars like our sun:
first the star turns into a red giant (Red Sun) as it expands (like a really slow giant explosion) in which becomes a nebula, then a white dwarf, want diagrams, google it.

As for much larger stars:
it goes red giant - supernova, and the next bit varies, it can either become a black hole or a neutron star (star only made of neutrons)

http://seppukuarts.afraid.org
PC- 1.5ghz 64mb graphics gforce 2 256mb ram. And a pain in the butt
DB_Master
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess i didnt really explain it fully. But the scientists do theoris that our galaxy does revolve around a black hole. (I do watch discovery channel.)

Thats why this galaxy is a forming galaxy. AS you said red giant- supernova - black hole. But I really dont think thats the reason im going to call it red sun. I think there is just going to be a red sun in the main solar system your in.

Thanks for the info tho

King programer
SGT KOOLAID
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 10:18
well would help if u had some "content" that was in game. perhaps a level perhaps a gun, or item in the game, to give us more of a idea on what you are hoping to achieve with your project. and i hate to pop your bubble. that face has way to many polys for the engine. yeah you could easily display 5,000 polys for a character model, but that includes the whole body or any weapon he or she is holding. i agree with others you shouldnt come on a WIP askin people for help when u havent proven to them that you are in it for the long haul or show true dedication for this project dedication is showing renders, content in game, you dont even have to be fantastic at modeling or texturing, as long as u show us something that gives us a relative idea. there is alot of people in these forums who are talented in modeling, texturing or animating, or all 3 and as well as programming who would be willing to assist you, just as long as u show us something concrete. not the stuff u have been showing you. so what you need to do is take a couple weeks work a bit on a basic engine, level and some models and display it to us then and ask us. thats all we are asking, nothing more.its like going to a job interview and not havin a resume to show the employer.so do this take a couple weeks and get some good stuff together submit it and we will see from there. good luck on your project regardless of the outcome. i hope it turns out well.
SGT KOOLAID
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 10:27 Edited at: 16th Aug 2005 10:29
black hole is not equated to size but rather the mass of a sun, so it would actually be along the line of 100 million x the mass of our sun(solar masses) meaning the gravitional field that the black hole influences on the space around it. and for those who dont or do watch discovery channel typical blackholes are the result of sun who sheds it outer mass and turns into a nuetron star which spins so fast its mass becomes so great light doesnt escape. so a red giant( a sun which is about to use up its hydrogen fuel which can take millions of years) would not be an ideal premise to set the universe, but rather u can wrap plot line around a planet/planetiod around the RED sun in which a relic or perhaps alien technology that has been discovered and the humans and other alien factions are fighting to get it lol.idk use your imagination. lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:29:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:29:07