Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / basic movement driving me crazy! ANYONE help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Will some one please tell me how i can make my models do basic actions such as walk jump ect.

AL: "Big Brother I Have Too Pee!"
ED: "Your A Peice Of Freakin' Armor!"
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
to make a model walk, use the MOVE OBJECT command. Then you need to animate the model appropriately and use the PLAY OBJECT command.

To make a model jump, you need a gravity subroutine that allows objects to fall, not just keep them glued to the floor. Then you need a vertical velocity variable(assuming you don't already) for the model and have it increase to make the model go up.

If you need help with gravity subroutines, check the forums. I know that I personally have answered that question several times so it is there.

Hope this helps!
Deep Thought 42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 03:40
You know that you can check codebase for these kind of things. Anyhow, have a code snippet. This code will moves a cube across a plain. Simple program that can be applied to your 3d objects. Don't forget the walking animations (if you have any). Hope I was of some service .
-Deep Thought 42

"Winners never quit and quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."
Deep Thought 42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 05:33
oops, sorry I forgot to attach the code

Here ya go.

"Winners never quit and quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."
Fighter Bluestorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Really thanks for the information but i shoulda worded the question properly what i mean to say is i have a butt load of .3ds and .x file but i dont know how to give them basic animations you see there all just in standing position and I cant animate them. (walk jump ect.)
hope that clears thing up.
[quote]
[email]

AL: "Big Brother I Have Too Pee!"
ED: "Your A Peice Of Freakin' Armor!"
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 03:35 Edited at: 4th Aug 2005 03:37
1. did you rig the models to be animated? Need to do more than just build a model, gotta build the aminimation frames for it as well.....

2. what are the keyframes for such actions e.x. 1-10 idle, 20-70 walking, 80-90 jumping,etc...

If yes to question one and you know your frames for each action ->

rem if player clicks right mouse button, character moves forward with walking animation....

if mouseclick()=2
move object player,.5
loop object player,20,70
endif

*if you havent built animations into the character check the 3-d discussion boards for which program or method will work best for your 3-d program.... I use milkshape which has a built-in animation program that exports to X format works great (for the most part)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:24:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:24:49