Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / In-Game Upgrading

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 06:54
This really isn't a question, I'm just wondering if anyone has every encorporated an upgrading system using collected money. Such as upgrading weapons, buying food, clothes, and that kind of stuff?

In my Slayer: Battle Tanks 2 game, I'm encoporating one of thos "Upgrade Systems," and I was just wondering if anyone has attempted/completed it using DBclassic/DBpro/DBsdk

--------------------------------------
Vote for Excelsis on the Puzzle Game Compo

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 07:37 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2005 07:37
well, I was thinking of something like that. Where you have a load object command and used a for loop to load all of them. You include a file that has the number of max files you are going to load.
such as:

and on the maxobjects thing have it load all of your extra objects and some how add it to your list or something like that. So if a player wanted to upgrade, or use his/her own objects, they could just make a .whatever file and load it to the game and add it to the menu.

I was just thinking about this. I still don't have details about or probably never will. But I thought it would be pretty cool if I could get it to work!

------------------------
Visit my website of Games!
http://dabip.stonerocket.net
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 00:50
That would work. I used a simpler method of which you use something like this:

Something simple like that. Then when you load a game it loads a string like object1$="purchased" or object1$="0" or something like that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:36:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:36:06