Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Fuse IDE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 23:33 Edited at: 4th Sep 2005 01:29
Fuse IDE, set off the code in you

Welcome.

Thank you for your interest in Fuse. Fuse is a new IDE for DarkBASIC Professional written in VB.net. The program is currently in a stable beta and we have decidd that it is in a stable enough state to merit a WiP.

Screenshots can be found at http://www.fuse-ide.tk where you will also find more extensive information on the project. There is also a Beta Testers area where you can post bug reports (to become a beta tester post in this thread)

The current requirements of this project is the .NET framework. This is available from the Microsoft website.

The current feature list is as follows:
o Open Projects Created with All the Popular DBPro IDE's
o VS 2005 Style Dockable Windows
o An easy-to-use project explorer to edit your project settings
o Compile your projects from the click of a button
o New Project Wizard, speed up the time taken to create a new project

Proposed Features
o PostIt feature, draw on your code!
o Change Marker
o Bookmarks

To Be Fixed
o Include Files and Media in the Project Explorer
o Debugging of exe (possible if you set CLI to YES in the project file)
o Syntax Conrol

There are some known bugs which are being continually addressed. Any bugs please feel free to post and any comments or project features will be warmly accepted.

If you need to contact use you can use the following email.
rich@fuse-ide.tk
ian@fuse-ide.tk
fuse@fuse-ide.tk
matchstick@fuse-ide.tk

Thanks goto Nicholas Radford, RobK for detailing information about compilation, Divilements Software for the GUI Controls, geecee3 for project ideas and the IDE name, IanG for the help with the project (welcome aboard Ian)

Regards,
Rich

(I appreciate some users still prefer the original IDE or Blue but the comments such as "We dont need another IDE the original is fine" may be true but doesnt serve a real purpose. Thank You)

Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 23:40
YAY, I've been waiting a long time for this thread...

Great work PowerSoft

Will this be charged for?

-Xol

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 23:44
Nope 100% Free

Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 23:48
Hurray!! I will definetely try it when I get the chance.

Perhaps after some more of these IDEs are in a non-beta state (Fuse IDE, IonRay IDE, Aquilus(sp?), Dark IDE, Synergy, completed Twilight and BlueIDE) there could be a replacement IDE competition, although the original IDE would have to remain hosted for its fans.

-Xol

IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2005 00:20 Edited at: 6th Aug 2005 00:23
That sounds a good idea Xolatron

@Rich - I'm glad to be helping

Right now - Matchstick

Matchstick is a media browser which I have wrote - so any bugs you do find can you direct them to me - and allows you to view most file types that DBPro can use

Matchstick is also wrote in DBPro so what you see in Matchstick you should see in pro - unless you have really messed up

Matchstick is at version 1 at the moment but I do plan to add some things to the very fine mix like a recently opened list to the file menu - despite me wanting to add these Matchstick is in a very useable state and infact I have already used it myself for some modelling i was doing, and i can say it is very good

@Rich: the sigs are looking good aren't they

amd athlon xp 2600+,1280mb,FX 5200 128mb,200gb,xp pro sp2
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2005 00:22
Put some screens here, it crashes IE.

And so, I'm not going to "get Firefox".

"A book. If u know something why cant u make a kool game or prog.
come on now. A book. I hate books. book is stupid. I know that I need codes but I dont know the codes"
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2005 00:37 Edited at: 6th Aug 2005 00:40
We realise there are problems with the site and I know alot of people are visting it as I'm getting hundreds of 404 notifications off the 404 error doc

I would just like to say that the site will be fixed as soon as possible

IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2005 00:46
Ok the site is working but Rich has put some wrong slashes in the images - going like \ when they should be / so you'll just have to change them until i find them in the code

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2005 01:51
I love the sounds of it, might end up trying it

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2005 09:40 Edited at: 4th Sep 2005 01:29
I have attached some of the dev screens for the program.

The website is now working:
http://fuse-ide.tk

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2005 22:21
I'd just like to propose a feature: Perhaps add a 'Editor=' keyword to the saved project file. I've put this in IonRay so that it can load files created by itself or a different IDE, as IonRay uses a non-standard include-file setup. Knowing the Editor that a project was made in is a very useful piece of Knowlege.

Also, I was wondering if Fuse can load BlueIDE projects that don't have the cursorarrow= and cursorwait= keyworrds.

-Xol

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 12:01 Edited at: 8th Aug 2005 12:23
**Im on holiday at the moment**

Fuse can load any project type. Could you explain your include file loading prinicpal so i can see how i might change if necessary to allow opening in other app's

[update]
I do have a laptop so im Deving...

I kinda messed up the Fuse Project File so i need to fix that...

Working on fixing bugs that are existent first then moving on to ading new features.

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 12:40
Awesome. Looking forward to this.

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 12:41
*Ian can you please post a link to the Fuse Installer i sent you?*

IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 17:07
*You didn't send me an installer*

Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 17:18
IonRay's saved projects will be compatible with all the other editors. The difference so far is that I've added a keyword to the project file:
Editor=IDEname$
This should be compatible with all the IDEs out there, because they ignore keywords they don't recognize. I was just wondering if this could be made more standard, with the explosion in DBpro IDEs these days.

As for project loading:
IonRay has a set of 6 include files that are standard: Vars, Setup, Main, Subs, Funcs, Support (more functions).
IonRay looks in the project file to see if it is compatible with this system ('Editor=IonRay'), and if so will load the include files into their correct tabs. If the project file was made by a different IDE, IonRay loads the main source into it's main tab, and continues from there, leaving the 'Variables', and 'Setup' tabs empty.

Also, a recent introduction to IonRay that you might be interested in is "Dynamic Line Numbering". Because the compiler looks at all the source as one file, the line numbering continues from one include file to the next. For example, if you have 265 lines in the first source file, the next include will begin with line number 266.

Looks great,

-Xol

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 18:33
the ide looks reel good but the site is crap. however id like to give this ide a spin

"I am what I am and that is all I can be -J King"
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 18:52 Edited at: 8th Aug 2005 18:52
About the website;

I made a little site for you. Its only a single page, full of placeholder text, but the design is pretty damn cool From a fantastic Web Design DVD I have.

See what you think (File is attached - *.rar)

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_download.php?i=621011

################Dream::Catcher#################
ITS COMING. NOVEMBER 1ST

Attachments

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2005 11:49
David, cant look cos im at a library
Xol, Could Do that

All, Fixed the project file Includes files sort of working but they dont update the list box, this is concerning me as it should work. Working on a few cool features at the moment but it is fairly tricky. Syntax Highlighting is OK but im looking for an alternative solution. Its not brilliant.

Just a topic for debate though.

What do you want in an IDE?
What makes an IDE feel "right"?

Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2005 02:29
PowerSoft,
I was suggested the following idea to use instead of syntax highlighting. It's more user oriented and thus easier to implement if a richEdit control. I may or may not end up using it, but feel that I might as well post it:
Basically, blocks of text can be highlighted so that they can be easily located by scrolling through the code. If the user presses a highlight button, a whole block of text could be highlighted.

It would be dificult to save these because of how their position would always change, but it would be possible. I would save it as a new multi-line keyword in the DBpro project file (highlight1=pos, highlight2=pos...)

Also, if you could explain how your syntax highlighting works, I would be quite interested

-Xol

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2005 03:15
Why not just make a highlight function, gosub, or label tool? You could type in or select from a list what you want to highlight.

Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2005 18:51
That would be nice, Lost in Thought. I'll implement that (possibly along with block highlighting) if I decide to use that method.

Thanks,

-Xol

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2005 20:00
I have a control which just needs refining. I could work on it more if i could work out how RegEx's work

Also i have seriously messed up the project file

Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2005 20:15
I've found out what RegEx.s are, and I beleive the simplest way to implement them would be as such:

lets say they had the following expression myVar[1-9]. The search should find the first result of myVar1, myVar2, myVar3... so simlply use a function to find the locations of each possible expression and compare the locations. Go to the closest one. Repeat from new location.

-Xol

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 19:42
Just got back... Actually got the code control working but thanks anyway.

thinkdigital
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 20:41 Edited at: 14th Aug 2005 20:42
Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 22:36 Edited at: 14th Aug 2005 22:37
Sounds great

I can't wait for the demo
(IonRay has a demo now if you want to see what features I've added. See my sig)

Off topic:
Quote: "Jess has removed your sig: Filesize is too large ( I've told you this already )"

Wow, sort of surprising. Sure your first sig was loarge, but still not half as large as some of the avatars I see being used!
I also find the sig text limit quite annoying. It counds the text used as the URL of a hyperlink, limiting mine to what you see below.

-Xol

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 21:00
Update:

o Discovered problem with my docking controls is due to VS, damn VS
o Thinking about some cool features which i had already thought about before seeing/hearing other ideas in IDE projects.
o Contemplating Unicode and MultiLang support... anyone want this?

I have a beta ready which could have been released but it is outdated so bugs you find may have been replaced and until SandDock works i cant give you a beta copy which is the same as mine. sorry guys.

Rich,

Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 02:54
Quote: "Discovered problem with my docking controls is due to VS, damn VS"

I'm not having any trouble with SandDock and Visual Studio.

Gen

Soon to come... Dark IDE, New IDE for DarkBASIC Pro!
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 10:32
I know but on the Divil Forums some people have reported problems

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 14:15
Work is continuing in finding the problem. I will find the problem.

Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 15:15
In my opinion this is the best ide for dbp I saw on this site so far. When you're ready, I'm switching over to yours. Keep up with those improvements, it's looking really good.

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2005 01:31 Edited at: 4th Sep 2005 10:16
Thanks alot for the comments. It is really helpful. If I can't work out the problem I may Re-install VS.net. I hope it doesnt come to that though.

Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2005 03:07 Edited at: 4th Sep 2005 03:09
Gimme gimme gimme.

Edit

I spelt "gimme" wrong...

But yes, I do like this IDE a lot. For it is mighty hot. Fix teh codez, blow your nose, and do what you wish with the.. Bot?

You are not alone.
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2005 19:52
Thanks again for all the nice comments.

Work has begun! Im removing ANY traces of "SandDock.dll"

I hopefully will release something SOON

Regards,
Rich

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2005 11:49
Update

Its been a while and i think i owe an explanation.

I have continously tryed to get it working on my dev-mechine, to no success. I have uninstalled .NET, reinstalled Visual Studio, nothing is working.

There is however good news!

I will shortly (hopefully) have another machine come into my possesion. It is my intention to install Visual Studio .NET onto the machine and get it back up to scratch.

I apologise for giving reason to believe no work was being done on it but i have managed to code some elements for use in the IDE.

Thanks for anyone with an interest still in the IDE,

Regards,
Rich

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2005 23:26
Update

Decided to reinstall XP on my laptop. Means i can dev Fuse on a wider range of systems.

Ian is still on the team and we are currently working hard on v2. Thats code version not release version

Trying to get it to a useable state and doesnt crash in the first five seconds.

We will be going for usability and not loads of bells and whistles initially.

Regards,
Rich

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 18:07
!!!Exciting Update!!!

My friends as promised Fuse returns! The download for the EXE is not available yet as there are a few loose ends to tidy up but a working and compiling version is iminnent!

At the moment multi-lingual support has been added, at the moment we have a Norsk translation (thanks LukasW. The translation is by no means complete but the principal is set )

The code highlighter which is a fairly heavily modified version of a RTBox mod I found online highlights code almost flawlessly. The only problem is regarding multiline comments but that is least of my worries at the moment.

A Wizard is being added at the minute to help you to generate projects easier. We felt this was a important feature as the current IDE's wizard is somewhat lacking.

The main features we are focusing on for the release is compilation, project loading, project creation and saving of projects.

Thanks to every one for their continued interest, it is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Rich and Ian

Attachments

IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 16:12
Quote: "The main features we are focusing on for the release is compilation, project loading, project creation and saving of projects."

there will be a second release which we will use to add some important intergration stuff for a new side line app, I'm not going to tell you what this new app is, but it will help a lot of people out there in teams; but i've said too much, just sit and wait

may i just point everyone in the direction of the previous posts download, it is small and is basically some screens of fuse, i personally think it is looking very swish, but thats me, we need you to comment on it, and yes i mean YOU

the link
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_download.php?i=697376

thanks people and remember to comment, we will take all the opinions in - i promise,
Ian

IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 17:04 Edited at: 6th Nov 2005 17:09
I said it was swish and here is the proof, this is the project display stuff which has been expanded into four rows, I'll let the picture do the talking

it is swish - the little pins at the top make it collapse into the side - visual studio style, but what happens if you want it on the other side, well no worries, it can go on any side you like, if you don't like them sliding you can make them into tool windows

comments would be welcome
Ian

Attachments

John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 17:10
Looks good, very modern in style.

A couple of questions though

You have lots of textboxes with no labels, is there going to be a 'default' button for when people forget which each one is, or are you going to rely on tooltips?
Are all those panels able to be docked into a tabbed interface where you can choose each one, or do they pop out from the side or something?

Quote: "but it will help a lot of people out there in teams; but i've said too much, just sit and wait"

Is this David R's project sync by any chance

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 17:15
Quote: "Looks good, very modern in style."

Thanks for the comments, its greatly appreciated.

Quote: "You have lots of textboxes with no labels, is there going to be a 'default' button for when people forget which each one is, or are you going to rely on tooltips?"

Some of them aren't textboxs but listbox's. And yes we will be using tooltips it just saves a bit of room on the IDE and looks more swish.

Quote: "Are all those panels able to be docked into a tabbed interface where you can choose each one, or do they pop out from the side or something?"

You can customise the layout how you wish it. You can even hide it completly

Quote: "Is this David R's project sync by any chance"

Wait and see...

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 18:00
Quote: "Wait and see..."

That's a yes then

"A book. If u know something why cant u make a kool game or prog.
come on now. A book. I hate books. book is stupid. I know that I need codes but I dont know the codes"
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 18:11
Nope!

Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 04:22
If you're still insterested in integrating dbHelp into the IDE, the address has changed to http://dbp.tgchelp.com

However, there will be some major updates within the next 4(ish) months that will make it so very much easier for you to integrate the site into the IDE.

You'll find out all the info once I start, and everyon will benfit from the the upgrades ( you can thank Mnem for the inspiration and ways of implimenting it ).

... yeah

Team EOD :: All-Round Nice Guy
Want Better dbHelp Files?
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 18:03
I presume this will be an offline version?

That would be great and I could write some code to detect if an internet connection is present, if it is then I use dbp.tgchelp.com. If it isn't I would use the offline format

Thanks for the continued interest.

Regards,
Rich

David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 19:41 Edited at: 10th Nov 2005 19:42
Quote: "That's a yes then"

Nah, nothing from me here

But seriously, I haven't done anything to ProjectSync for months, because I've been somewhat side-tracked doing other stuff

But, since people seem to be so [sarcasm]inspired[/sarcasm] by ProjectSync, I may consider a revival .....

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 08:58
<< Update >>
Firstly, I would like to appologise but I took the executive decision that while the IDE is in an unworking state the domain HTTP://FUSE-IDE.TK has been taken down.

Also it is important that you realise me and Ian have our GCSE's this year and consequently will have to slow up development at certain times...

Finally the good stuff. Ian AFAIK has managed to get some sort of compilartion working, which is excellent. I'm still working on the IDE but I feel there are some biggish problems with it so am contemplating the next step.

Thanks all with a continued interest in the application.

Regards,
Ian and Rich

IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 11:22
Quote: "Also it is important that you realise me and Ian have our GCSE's this year and consequently will have to slow up development at certain times..."

being a student is great fun

Quote: "Ian AFAIK has managed to get some sort of compilartion working, which is excellent"

i'm just working on making it look better at the moment and getting the errors to come in properly

this ide is still in development - it has not been forgotten, we might not be posting here all the time but we are doing a lot of programming towards it, so thank you for your continued interest

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2006 13:18 Edited at: 14th Jan 2006 16:00
Great! I need to talk to you on MSN Ian about an important aspect of this build...

[edit]
If anyone has used XML in VB.net apps any chance you could give me a hand with something? My MSN address is below.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:25:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:25:34