Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can someone help with block breaker game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2005 00:44
I am fairly new to dark basic pro, i would like to make a simple block breaker game, like the old alley way with mario, doesent have to be too fancy but the more i do, the more i will learn.
I would like to make a simple munu with the title and start game button, and maybe enter password to go to different levels, but i might come to that a little bit later. can anyone help?

Thanks

Louiz ofRohr
Years of Service
User Offline
Be welcome..

Lets go.. step by step..
Did you already read any one of the
DarkBasicPro tutorials?
They are in the help area of the software..

First specify what you wanna learn..
Create boxes to break?
Control character?
Load character?
Jump?
Fire?
Basic menu system?

I think it is all you can hope from
newcomers corner.. and we're surely gonna
help you..

The worst foe lies within the self...
Ad87am
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2005 13:40
Thanks for helping.
I have read almost everything in the help area in dark basic pro and also done the first person shooter tutorial, that didnt work very well because it was saying there was a problem with the go_subs and I couldnt figure out what was wrong. I thought making a simple game such as block breaker would help me a bit in the understanding of the controlls.

First off i would like to know a bit about the menu system, i have a bitmap image for the background but cant seem to load it, i have tried this.
I have attached the background image and wasnt sure if i have to actually have the text in the background or as a seperate image to make them act like buttons. Also i didnt know which format of picture to use, i have a bitmap and jpeg image of the background.

Again, Thanks for helping

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:30:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:30:05