Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBPro "get mouse" command problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 04:28
i can get the first two to appear, but when i try a custom pointer it just goes blank?
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 21:12
Hi,

Can you post a snippet of your problem? That'll help folk take a gander. Maybe tis a bug.

Cheers.
Louiz ofRohr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 21:14 Edited at: 7th Aug 2005 21:16
:-\

Dude, be calm.. You're in a forum..
We can't help you if we don't understand what you want..
Any code to show?

[EDIT] ^^ Sorry man.. I didn't update the browser, so I didn't see your post..

The worst foe lies within the self...
j0hn6oo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 23:09
Here's the script.

and I made a mistake on the command, it's wasn't "get mouse" it was "Change Mouse".
j0hn6oo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 01:53
Here\'s the script.

and I made a mistake on the command, it\'s wasn\'t \"get mouse\" it was \"Change Mouse\".

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 10:08 Edited at: 8th Aug 2005 10:20
Putting a backslash before a quote mark is a no-no. It shows an error because it doesn't know what to do with the backslash. Put it inside the quote to print it or remove it if you don't want it printing.

To get cursors to show up you need to add them to the project. On the right side of the Darkbasic Pro editor is a sidebar that has buttons at the bottom. Push the one that says "CURSORS" and click on "ADD" at the top of the sidebar. The first cursor you add will replace the default one and so on. The Editor can use animated cursors (.ANI) but it'll complain that it doesn't know what an .ANI file is. I use Blue IDE and it will take .ANI cursors but it won't replace the first two default cursors (the pointer and the hourglass)... which is the way that command should work.

I took a capture of the output of your code (in the default editor) and a picture of the sidebar with cursors added to show you your code works (with the backslashes removed).

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
j0hn6oo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 11:42
Okay first of all, the slashes where an accident from copying the script. Second, I did put a cursor in the slot, a .cur and a .ani, and they both still come out blank. Do you have to do anything else besides just putting the cursor in the cursor slot (save, click something, turn a feature on, etc.).
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 10th Aug 2005 09:09
That's weird about the slashes adding to the code with copy and paste.

Are the cursors you want to use in the same directory as your code? If they aren't delete the icons off the icon list in the sidebar, move and/or copy the icons you want to use into the directory with your code, then re-add them to the cursor list.
j0hn6oo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2005 10:08
Thank you, very much. It works now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:30:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:30:24