Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help Transparency Does not work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 08:40
My Transparency Doesn't seem to be working.. Accually when i use the SPRITE command the image doesn't show at all! Im currently reading The Beginner's Guide to darkbasic. you know.. That 700 page book. So this code is Straight from the book.. And i Am using DBPro.. please help..

PS
Tried to supply The Image im using, But Unfortunately , I've never done this before so i might have did it wrong

Attachments

Login to view attachments
NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 12:53 Edited at: 8th Aug 2005 12:56
Need help,

Try posting your source code in a snippet(ex: [ code ][ /code ]). New forumcomers' source will not show up, due to the delay in their posts, for evaluation.

+NanoBrain+
Need help
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 13:41
Quote: " Try posting your source code in a snippet"

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 15:03
For pixel perfect sprites you need to add ,1 to end of get image command.

If that bitmap is whole sprite image then you don't need to load it into a bitmap and then grab a bit of it to create an image for a sprite. Just use LOAD IMAGE "xyz.bmp",1,1 - the extra ,1 on end retains pixel perfection. It will be blurry otherwise

To view sprites, you must have some of game loop going on, preferbly SYNCing screen yourself

DO
SYNC
LOOP

Boo!
Need help
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 15:56
AHHH!!! THANK YOU! i Greatly Appreciate That, in other Words IT WORKED! What the Heck was The Book Talking about then? Thanks to both of you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:28:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:28:50