Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Scrolling Screen Possible???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2003 00:31
can you scroll only a part of a screen, like the old C64 demos with a scroller on the bottom? or a section on the screen?
If your gonna jump, you will fall..so.. don't jump
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2003 02:18
Yes and no "no" in the sense that there is no "scroll screen" command for example, so it's not going to be immediately easy to do, but "yes" in the sense that its perfectly possible to code something like this.

I have loads of scroll text code and examples on my old site at http://www.darkforge.co.uk (click the files link and dig around). Should be more than enough in there to get you started.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
PeeJayGee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2003 20:22
I looked at your stuff, and alot of it is gonna help , but unfortunaley I am wanting to scroll quite a large area, not just a few lines of text, so it looks like I am gonna have to use tilemap type scrolling, again thanks for the other stuff though....

If your gonna jump, you will fall..so.. don't jump
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2003 20:29
whatver happended to the darkforge site anyways? it's been down for some time now!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 10:38
It's not really down when you consider that all the files are still there and you can get them all easily.

I have no plans to update it anything I code now belongs to DBS.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 18:14:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 18:14:04