Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / uh dark game sdk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2005 08:04
uhh, you have to be dark game sdk, i thought all you needed was a compiler like dev-c++ or visual c++ 6
_Static_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2005 08:47
wait a minute, you have to pay 200 dollars, jsut to sell a game on the market progrmamed from dark game sdk, what the hell, maybe i should jsut learn regular opengl, or directx
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2005 10:26
You also have the option of buying the freeware edition at $60. If you then later go on to make a game that you would like to sell you can upgrade to the commercial edition and pay $140.

While it's true that you can learn OpenGL or DirectX and do things on your own you have to ask yourself several questions? Do you want to spend many months working on your own engine to provide the functionality you need or buy into an engine that has a vast array of features that you can use straight away and in doing so allow you to concentrate on making your game.
_Static_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 14:37
wow, umm, if i have the freeware, could i sell the game over the internet? since there is only a commercial license and a freeware
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 15:16
No but if you make something worth selling with the freeware version you can then upgrade to the comercial version for the price diference between the 2.

Gimme teh votez!!!!
Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 17:40
Quote: "wow, umm, if i have the freeware, could i sell the game over the internet? since there is only a commercial license and a freeware "

That's still illegal!!!

See you at the convention!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 12:58:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 12:58:11