Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Transparent Sprite Edges

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 02:56 Edited at: 13th Aug 2005 02:57
Okay, say I had an image I wanted to turn into a sprite, a character, in the the middle of a black background, and I imported said character into DarkBASIC and turned him into a sprite, yadayada, now, I have given the character the code to make him move down when I press downkey, up when I press up key, etc... Unfortunately the black square behind the character is still there. How do I get rid of that? I want it so that instead of seeing black behind my character, I want to see the image behind him (Landscape).

I have included an image of my downkey character in the attachment.

Clouds float the exact same way bricks don't
- Douglas Adams

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 04:15
You would have to mask the image so it is transparent in back.

My Website With Some Of My Games: www.freewebs.com/actiongamestudios
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 14:13 Edited at: 13th Aug 2005 14:26
it should be transparent by default, are you sure the background is black? (r=0,g=0,b=0), close won`t do, it has to be pure black (nm , I will download your image and check)

5 mins pass

your background was grey, not black, I modded the image to make the background black (0,0,0), so this should work for you now, computers are literal minded beasts, when it says black, it means BLACK

[edit] heres some code to show it in action, I accidentaly removed a bit too much grey from the sprite so it has transparent bits in it, just paint them back in in dark grey to make it show properly

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:29:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:29:46