Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / New Game- Odd World: -currently blank- >>>need animator and char maker

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 05:38
Hi i am completely brand new to gaming creation.
I know nothing about creating models and texturing stuff. or scripting
So what im saying is i need help.

I want to make an Odd World game starring Abe. But obviously how can you do that without models of Abe and all his cooky friends.
I'm looking for a person who can create and animate models that will work with FPSC.
The reason i thought of doing this was i was bored today and was thinking about re-installing an old game to occupy myself for the day. It suddenly hit me. Odd World : Abes Oddessy is such a great game, i should make one of my own.

For those who have played it you know it has an excentric style and feel. It holds some kinda nastalgia. Anywho I think its a brilliantly original game that would make a sweet rip

If someone could make some authentic looking models of abe and variations of Mudokons, Glukkons,Scrabs,Sligs, Paramites, Greeters, and possibly some unique guns slinging chars that conform to the style of abes world then i would be sincerely greatful. I understand that not all these creatures would be able to carry weapons so i would need alot of guidence if not exact instructions and script i need to write into the game that would allow them to use melee attacks and stuff
i dont think i could sell this obviously because its copyrighted. but d--- it would be sweet. ok thanks

i dont have much cash considering im a jobless teen. but i could spare some bucks if you wanted compensation and of course i'd give you a copy

PM - The time to think and sleep
Pantaloon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 09:15
Ogin’s Odyssey

19 years have past since Abe’s last adventure. After defeating the Glukons and destroying Rupture Farms and Soul Storm Brewery the Mudokon people have returned to their homes in ..im thinking of a name still... to pick up and rebuild their once peaceful life’s. However these past events did not leave the Mudokon’s unmarked. Taking the technology of their slave drivers they themselves developed their own weapons to help resist any future enslavement. Abe settled down with a wife and had a child named Ogin. Everything was perfect, however a mistake of the past soon became a burden of the future.
Abe, as endearing and kind hearted as he can be, and his numb skull brain forgot to shut down all contact systems during his eventual annihilation of Soul Storm Brewery. In the midst of the chaos a Transmission was sent to the Glukons home planet, Eurjukope, 5 galaxies over. It was only 7 years after it was sent did they receive the distress signal and immediately send troops to stop the impending doom of their brethren. Unfortunately (for them) they were too late….by 12 years that is. By the masses they stormed the sight of rust and decay and mourned for their kind. They now seek revenge. By nightfall new factories were underway and army camps formed. Cites rose overnight larger than any Mudokon had ever seen before. Their doom was closer than ever before. This time no one will be spared.
This however was all unbeknownst to Abe and is people….. until one day…….. An elder picked up a scent that filled him with nostalgia of the old days when the clouds were filled with smoke and the smell of oil and in the hot days the air would feel of acid in your lungs. This brought great fear over him. At once Mudokons were informed. “Perhaps it was just another cloud of decay form the old factory ruins,” one suggested.
“Yes perhaps, but the past must not be repeated” the elder said. “we must know for sure”
“Abe you are the bravest and smartest of us all. You know the ways of the enemy. You know the paths of our ancestors. Please one last time. Journey to the factory ruins and find the origin of this scent.”
“Uh…. ok” Abe says as he walks toward the exit to the village
SNAP! “Owe my leg” abe yells and falls to the floor.
Over the years he has grown weak. Ogin is their last hope. Nervous and shaky Ogin is handed a gun.
“here my child use these weapons as defense” too many of our people have been swallowed by the jungles horrors.”
“We wish for a peaceful return.”

So they leave their city like village on a journey through necrum mines, mudomo vaults, mudanchee jungle, and the desert catacombs till they reach the ruins.(I want to make 2-4 levels per area maybe more, it depends on the length of the maps). by then his entire group has head back home. (Owe how determined Ogin is) So basically Once he gest to the city he reaks havic by shutting down all public facilities electricity plumping, water, food, and like Winnie the pooh sticks a twig in the magnificent city and watch it crumble. So the missions will have puzzle objectives. I made a door puzzle once on this game called time splitters. So hopefully I can incorporate stuff like that.

DOOR PUZZLE:
Their were 7 doors and 5 switches. each switch opened certain doors if a door was already opened then it would close so you hade to find the right sequence to open all the doors.

I want to build a massive upward climbing level full of ladders ramps bridges and switches. Super awesome. Possibly a small city with buildings that you can enter and wipe clean of baddies. That’s it in a nutshell what you think? I decided not to go with abe
The game would be called so it’s a the same theme but diff names I might have to change the names some if I’m going to sell it . so that shouldn’t be to hard.

I’ll need modelers, testers, texturers, and animators, and scriptors
im open to all ideas and suggestions

Razorwind
Years of Service
User Offline
why have you posted this twice in two different areas?

like I said, I hink the little thing called copyright gets in the way here, and the not allowed team requests rule on the fourums anyway

don't kill the messenger,

---

Reza Kaze

Razorwind
Pantaloon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 19:58
[href]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=58961&b=25&p=0

Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service