Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / If your an Expert of DarkBASIC please IM me.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 09:21
I need help with the toturials of DarkBasic
Please IM me to walk me through
EXPERIENCED PPL ONLY PLEASE
Thanks a bunch

The time will come when I will have to pay attention, unfortunately my wallet is empty and my watch is busted.
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 15:48 Edited at: 14th Aug 2005 15:50
well theres a good tutorials bit on this website, hang on and ill find the links

[edit]

ok, here you are

http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?f=tutorials

theres the binary moon one where you create a capture the 'flag' game, thougb its not actually a flag.

theres also the monster hunt one where you make a first person shooter

I prefer the binary moon one, the way they create the FPS (on my opinion) is not that good, becuase its no use if you need to create lots of enemies.. though you can still learn quite alot from it

"Well if she dies it'll teach her not to do it again..." - Me
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 18:58
I'll dig out the tutorials from my old web site and get them working on the new site for you. Just give me a couple of days.

They are aimed at new DB users who have never programmed before and start at the wery beginning. And I mean the beginning.

They start with what variables are and how they are used. There's one on arrays and another one on functions - that sort of thing.

TDK_Man
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 21:31
gee, i hope you explained arrays well, i never relised how useful they were until i found out how to use them (quite a while ago), and boy people need to learn about them from the beggining or else they'll even have a hard time making a simple FPS or racing game.. or any game at that

"Well if she dies it'll teach her not to do it again..." - Me
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 23:55
OK, I dug them out and just chucked them onto the new site. They seem to work OK, but ignore the e-mail address (didn't have time to alter the pages).

http://www.computechtenerife.com/DB/tutorials.htm

TDK_Man
XMAN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 01:20
Thanks to all.

The time will come when I will have to pay attention, unfortunately my wallet is empty and my watch is busted.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:32:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:32:18