Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How Do I insert Sound?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 23:15
I have just got fruity loops reinstalled and was wondering how to use sound commands. Also what format is best used and and other helpfull information would be nice

http://www.Bevansfunbox.com
Ad87am
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 23:33
ah no worries about it, I just done a little error and trial and figured it out, quite simple, just used the same as the load image commands with sound and inserted sound instead.

Ad87am
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 00:23
Is there a way to make a sound loop? I have tried it in the main lop (didnt think it would work) and it didnt, just made a really weird noise, must of been because it was tring to play the very first bit of the sound over and over in the same frame. Anyways I have a sound file that is 20 seconds long and would like to make it loop, so it doesent sound as if its stoping, but just keeps on playing.

Kim Possible
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 00:58
At the risk of being obnoxious, I'm going to write again for the second time today: F1 (Help) is your friend.

From the DBP help under COMMANDS->SOUND:

LOOP SOUND
This command will play and loop the specified Sound Number continuously. Optional parameters allow you to specify a start position, end position and initial position in bytes that a looping sound will use as it plays.

SYNTAX
LOOP SOUND Sound Number
LOOP SOUND Sound Number,Start Position
LOOP SOUND Sound Number,Start Position,End Position
LOOP SOUND Sound Number,Start Position,End Position,Initial Position

RELATED INFO
SOUND Commands Menu
Index

EXAMPLE
View Showcase Example
View Usage Example

DBP + VC Ent.Studio | Maya, MAX, Soft3D, MilkShape, Character FX | 3.0Ghz P4, IC7G, GF 6800GT (primary) / 3200XP, A7N8x, GF 6600GT (secondary) / 6x dual 2.8Ghz Xeon SuperMicro (renderfarm)
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 02:41
loop sound soundNumber

Quote: "LOOP SOUND
This command will play and loop the specified Sound Number continuously. Optional parameters allow you to specify a start position, end position and initial position in bytes that a looping sound will use as it plays.

SYNTAX
LOOP SOUND Sound Number
LOOP SOUND Sound Number,Start Position
LOOP SOUND Sound Number,Start Position,End Position
LOOP SOUND Sound Number,Start Position,End Position,Initial Position"

Tempest - P2P UDP Multiplayer Plugin - 80%
Kim Possible
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 02:58
This stupid "wait for my posts to be approved" thang is getting annoying. I answered that atleast an hour ago, now I have to apologize to Benjamin too - sorry if it looks like I'm ripping-off your posts. I'm in noob-hell.

I think I'll just stop posting. . .

DBP + VC Ent.Studio | Maya, MAX, Soft3D, MilkShape, Character FX | 3.0Ghz P4, IC7G, GF 6800GT (primary) / 3200XP, A7N8x, GF 6600GT (secondary) / 6x dual 2.8Ghz Xeon SuperMicro (renderfarm)
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 04:30
Just make sure not to put the loop sound command in the main loop though! It will just make that noise again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:31:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:31:54