Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Bug in your forums

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
An hour of beating my head against the wall cause I can't post without a forum profile that I didn't know I had to create (until I tried to reply to a thread which was already started) and then the link to edit my "forum profile" from that page just took me to the home page. So I go make a forum profile only to try and start my thread that now needs approval. I paid for your Dark SDK product and can't use the only support method available to me (the knowledge base is not online and the FAQ is not of a technical aspect). That is freakin ridiculous.
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 21:54 Edited at: 16th Aug 2005 22:01
calm down , every forum I have ever used needed registration, thats not so hard, if you are smart enough to use dark SDK then filling in a profile shouldn`t cause you so much greif, the original thread is still there, you can now reply to it, you need approval since we had a couple of morons trying to destroy the forum with serious spam attacks and other unpleasantries, if your a regular contributor and don`t do anything untoward then you will be able to post without checking soon enough, also note that although the forum is provided by RGT, it is mainly run by the members and not by RGT, just chill, theres always a Moderator on the forum, your post will be checked and passed soon enough.

[EDIT] oh! dark SDK is derived from the DarkBasic pro language itself, so if its a general function question you have then you might like to try searching the pro forum, the requirements for the commands will be the same afaik
Undercover Steve
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 21:58
ermm..you mean TGC not RGT right:S
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 22:01 Edited at: 16th Aug 2005 22:02
whatever

(if they didn`t keep changeing it I would be able to remember what they call themselves )
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 22:01
Patience my friend. 1h busy means you have 23 hours left doing other things.

Immunity and Annihalation makes Immunihalation...
Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 22:13
It's not that bad, everyone goes through it. I personally finished my phase in one day . They just need to make sure you aren't joining to spam these forums, which I'm sure you aren't

-Xol

nate
Years of Service
User Offline
The problem is not filling out a forum profile, the problem is I didn't know I had to!

If you don't have a forum profile and you try to create a New thread, the forum will just accept the data you send to it without giving you any indication that your post was disregarded due to the fact that you don't have a profile. It was not until I tried to Reply to another thread that was already started that I found out I had to create a forum profile. That linked me to a page with a link called "create your forum profile" or something that took me back to the main home page (i.e. not my forum profile). These problems should be fixed.
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 06:30
I don't really see the problem. When you register, it takes you right to that page, you just have to fill it out....like it says to.

Kim Possible
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 06:37
I'm with you, Nate! The profile link is indeed broken, and the support mechanism you paid for being nebulous in availability to you - yeah, it is "freakin ridiculous". I completely concur.

DBP + VC Ent.Studio | Maya, MAX, Soft3D, MilkShape, Character FX | 3.0Ghz P4, IC7G, GF 6800GT (primary) / 3200XP, A7N8x, GF 6600GT (secondary) / 6x dual 2.8Ghz Xeon SuperMicro (renderfarm)
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 06:59
I understand that you bought their product and should be allowed freely, but, they're just making sure, not harm in that

Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2005 01:50
Sorry, didn't know that was the problem. Yes, there are many forum bugs. I'll list a few in the chance that a mod sees this:
1. Favorites don't work (well not for me anymore... just broke one day!)
2. Add to favorites buttons don't appear at the bottom of most opages (none in forum threads)
3. Downloads doesn't ever update on downloaing something from the forums (download buttons - is it suppost to be added to downloads list?)
4. Source code box severely bugged
And very annoying lacks-of-features:
1. Can't edit title of thread (misspelled it)
2. Code Base is full of spam or very begginner-level programs. Few good code snippets.
3. Sig limit of 200 characters includes invisible ones (target of a hyperlink - my sig below is at max!)
4. Source code box can't be edited/added after first posting.

Not trying to be negative about the forums. They really are great, so just because I feel like it, here are some good things:
1. Editing posts - wonderful
2. Avatars
3. Sis
4. 10MB! attachments to posts
5. Attachements/pictures always retain same url when attachment in a post is changed
6. The online notepad is great (I use only one or two long entries )

-Xol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:34:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:34:41