Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Question on object collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 05:00
Hello Everyone,

I have been working on my first FPS using "the newcomer's guid to creating FPS". All was going good until I got to section about targetting the enemy (by pointing your character at it) and deleting it when the mouse is clicked. I realized that in DB classic (the version I'm using) there is no object intersect command. So I to improvised by attaching a limb to the character that goes straight out from the front of it to represent the gun's aiming rage and line of site.

Now, my question is: How do make it so when the gun's aiming range hits the enemy, and the mouse is clicked, it will deletle the enemy?

I have attached the code for the program thus far if that will help you get a picture for what I am asking.

Many thanks for helping me out.

P.S. Remember, it's DB classic here!
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 07:20
Well, a simple way to do it is if the gun aiming reticle is pointed at the enemy and the fire button is pressed, it shoots. I'll try to make up some code for ya

Chily Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 08:25
Thanks that would be a big help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:31:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:31:48