Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / .DBO Files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how would one go about using .DBO files? I used DeleD to use a small flat area with walls to keep anything from falling out...it'll be my test area and exported it to a .DBO file..but I have no clue on how to use it. If someone could tell me how to do that it would be gladly appreciated.

Also if someone could tell me how to place a model (a Kart..a model for a racing game I want to make) in the dead center of it and set up the arrow keys so that up makes it accelerate..back makes it stop and back up and left and right will turn it slightly..then that would be a VERY big help too because then I'd have a little less to do..and I'd have something to toy with to figure things out...thanks. ^_^
Zephiros
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the double post..but..if you can I would also like to know how to set up keys that you can hit to change views from the drivers seat and 2 views from behind the vehicle (closer to the vehicle and then father off like mario kart had..cept for the drivers seat one).

I dont really need help with the model placement or the views because I can search for them later on to see whats what..but..if you could post them here it would still help..but all I need to know is how to use .DBO files..thanks..again ^_^
Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2005 19:15
.dbo is DBpro's own file format. You load .dbo files the same as you would load a .x file 'load object "test.dbo",1'. Also, your .dbo file might not work because the specifications have recently changed and I'm not sure if all the other TGC programs have kept up. Try saving as .x, and then if you want to convert it to a working .dbo, use this code (to make a converter):

For beginning your game, you should try fiddling around with the examples (copy the ones in the help folder to a new project folder in \projects.

Hope this helps,

-Xol

Zephiros
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah it does help..I'm pretty thick skulled..anyway..I will play with the examples for abit and see if I can go ahead and place the object and whatnot by its own and then see if I can work on makin it move around with the keyboard.

A WARNING TO PEOPLE WHO KNOW STUFF: If I ever figure out how to even get 1 thing done on my game and I get enough going the next questions you should expect from me which will be pretty stupid questions will be..one of the following

"How do I made a weapon appear at the back of my Kart and then slide under it/go around it to shoot at a enemy or drop down onto the ground?"
"How do I set the finish line position?"
"How do I set up a player profile that would be seen by other players that would allow you to select a color (texture) from a drop down menu?"
"How do I make a drop down menu?"

..and many more..so..I gave you a fair warning of whats probably going to happen sometime in the future..lol..thanks alot Xolatron for helping me learn to use a .dbo file.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:25:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:25:57