Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Creating screensavers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm wondering if it is possible to make screensavers using dark basic professional.
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2005 11:00 Edited at: 19th Aug 2005 11:02
Yes. Yes it is possible.

I have DBclassic, but from what I've read in the forums, I'm assured you can. I believe you just create some program that loops like a screensaver, than you save the .exe file as the extension name of a screensaver (don't know it off the top of my head - sorry). There should be more help on CodeBase or on the thread marked "Screen Locker".

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2005 20:19
Just rename the compiled exe as .SCR and drop it into the Windows folder. It will then appear in the desktop properties Screensave list.

You set the program to go round the main program loop and only exit if the mouse is moved or a key is pressed.

This is only for very basic screensavers. Adding options accessible through Windows is a little more complicated.

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 01:22:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 01:22:09