Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How would i make a 3rd person camera that has a sword instead of a gun?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i would like to make a 3rd person camera view which i already have and attach my sword to it and make me able to swing this sword on the press of a button.....Can anyone plz help???
Quote the forum, DarkBASIC kicks ass!
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2003 20:47
I would like to know this too. ^^

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2003 22:20
Do you mean a 3rd person, as in you look at the character with the sword, or 1st person where you look from the character's eyes?

For 3rd person, you should already have a person model, and if ther model is good enough it will have arm and hand limbs. If it has a hand limb you can attach the sword to that, and then rotate the arm and hand about to swing the sword. If the character doesn't have a hand or arm limb, then you have to attach the sword to the body and offset it to the approximate position of the hand. In this case, you probably wouldn't be able to do anything except rotate the sword.

In a 1st person view, you can lock the sword onto the screen as you would with a gun, and then rotate and reposition it relative to the camera to acheive the swing.

Once I was but the learner,
now, I am the Master.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2003 22:37
Ahhhh you beat me to it Your lucky I just got my computer back LOL

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
MattIsFun
Years of Service
User Offline
Put the sword where you would normally put the gun, then animate it as you would normally animate something.

Dark_Noobie
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry, yes, i mean 1rst person, and if its not much trouble can someone write me down a snippet, cause i reall am pretty much a newbie

Quote the forum, DarkBASIC kicks ass!
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2003 04:20
Just make a gun, that uses a sword animation & only reaches a certain point away from the swords position, giving it an effect of that.

Its just an idea,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 18:01:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 18:01:53