Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ive made a post before asking how to make cut scenes. but know one gave me a good answer. all i am wondering is how would i make a short little movie with the characters with the game. i really need help cause this would make the game so much better.

ty to whoever helps me.

nj studios coming soon
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 01:18
You will see soon .

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 03:29 Edited at: 21st Aug 2005 03:32
Well, what i think you would need are some kind of animation program we're you could import the models to and then animate them. of course this would require animation skills. But i don't really know much about animations. But with the new story zone feature(That are in V1, not EA). You can also just make images popping up. And that's also a good way to tell a story.

Visit PanzerGames here
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 03:58
You can use fraps to capture video from actually playing a FPSC level with no weapon. Get what I mean? Just script out waht you want them to do. If you want them to talk you can justChange the camera angles by walking behind the guy. After your done with your cutsceene, view the videos you captured in fraps and edit them in a video editing prgram like Adobe Premire(wich is what I use). After your done with that, put your finished cutscene in a story zone in your game. Its not that hard. You will have to put a lot of effort in to it for a high quality cutscene wich is what I am planning to do. There is tons of possibilities on how to make great looking cutscenes. Just expiroment. I'm sure you do well.

Hope this helps,
DA ChieF
jeff o man5444
Years of Service
User Offline
tyvm madda chief=P you should be a mod your nice unlike the other mods... damn them lol

nj studios coming soon
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 07:34
Don't piss them off; they WILL slap you. I'd like to be a mod... I'd be fair... *ehems at, "a certain someone"*

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2005 06:20
you can buy a program called MAGIX movie edit pro 2004...its a year old, but its like 20$...and its really good...as for actually filming the video...you will need either an animation program, or something like fraps

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2005 08:30
No no no!! Use pinnacle 8 or 9 Plus. (HINT: I have lots of pre used keycodes that just happen to work still )

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2005 09:52
a lot of us have a lot of those for a lot of programs

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2005 12:32
My computer came with Windows Media Encoder - you can capture video with that. Ofcourse it does get annoying, since you have to physically press 'Record' and go back to the game; but I just edit that out.

Diskun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 09:54
Windows Media SUCKS for video capture if you want some quality and it's not going to be supported by V1. Only AVI and MPG as far as I know.

Greets

Names are not final.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 18:57 Edited at: 27th Aug 2005 18:59
The Windows WMV file format can support resolutions up to HDTV and film quality. Its not ture to say it is anything of a lesser quality than any other format. In fact it is as good or better. Many videos made with it however and distributed as video examples of games are saved with the highest form of compression which it also does very well.

You can compress a 300mb file say to 9mb or thereabouts and complain of course when the quality is poor if you wish.

The choice is yours as to what compression you choose.

Dont blame the file format.

As to what formats V1 will support - it should support any file format that the Windows Media player supports. If it does not then it should, plain and simple, as thats what around 80% of the worlds computers support. Supporting anything else is just making hard work of it for end users. i.e. game players (not game makers) - for absolutely no reason.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 08:50
Diskun, you are right about .WMV not being supported, I completely forgot about that. You could always use a converter though.

DUDE274
Years of Service
User Offline
You can use Unlead Gif Animator, It can export to gif files avi files and mpg and much much more. The only thing that sucks is you need to draw each frame!
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 09:13
I can do animation stuff on Carrara 3.0 studio. The stuff works good. And I'm sure that I can import the models into the program.

For the best flash anime, go to Lifepoint1.com
Diskun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 11:22 Edited at: 29th Aug 2005 11:23
I have just discovered 3DSMax and all its possibilities. You can use it for modelling, texturing, animation and of course, you can do FMV and export them in AVI file format compressed in DivX for example.

Although making cinematics in 3DSMax takes a lot of time you can make impressive effects like Matrix-alike Bullet-Time action.

I'm using it for making my characters & weapons. You can see an example of this and download a trial in this post called Solution for hands in FPSC: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=59805&b=24

Of course you can do the video in real-action with your friends disguised as your game characters

I think the easier is to script the intro for your game in FPSC and record all the action using a program like FRAPS, which can capture all the action in your screen and recode it in an AVI file with sounds included.

Greets

Names are not final.
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 04:51
Fraps is no good when catching video from FPSC, i tried, it sux, it records in 256 color

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700 128MB DDR, 80GB Hard Drive
Diskun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 09:17
Quote: "Fraps is no good when catching video from FPSC, i tried, it sux, it records in 256 color"
Kinda strange, since I have used it to capture videos of World of Warcraft and more games in full resolution and real color

Names are not final.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 23:41
256 may look like real color, but it has lower quality... lots of people look at something and say that is 1mil colors, but most of them are wrong.

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
If Fraps isn't meeting your needs then get Macromedia Captivate
Rik Vargard
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 14:20
I recorded this few seconds with fraps 2.0 and it's working fine... Those aren't 256 colors, are they?

http://www.rikvargard.com/download/test.mpg

-"My horse for a Kingdom!"
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
They don't look more than 256 colours though. The Health and Lives status are a dead give away for anything made with FPSC aren't they
Rik Vargard
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 15:24
Just wanted to show fraps works fine with FPSC... for the quality, well I made it an .mpeg file or it would have been 122Mb large...

-"My horse for a Kingdom!"
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll give Fraps a try, it's maybe easier to use, I'm sick of learning new programmes and already have 3dsmax lined up to get to grips with

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:22:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:22:12