Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Install Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've found a good install creator at [/href]www.clickteam.com[href]. It's free but the only catch is that it displays an ad at the end of the install. If you don't want it you have to pay for it.

Born Trekkie.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 00:18
Yea. I, ummm, "upgraded" mine with a "friends" serial key.

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 01:36 Edited at: 21st Aug 2005 01:37
You got da serial key i got da email. send it or die.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 01:42
No.

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 02:13
aw comon' dude!
*get on hands and knees*
WHY NOT. THIS FORCES ME TO KILL!
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 06:31 Edited at: 21st Aug 2005 06:32
Wow, I bet François Lionet would like to read this thred, just as Lee would if his software being stolen.

Toshiba,3.2Ghz,ATI Radeon 9000 IGP 128mb,1.2gig of Ram,Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 08:52
Then, lavitz walks into the chamber of ChrisB and stares with one eyebrow raised at Madda Chief. he asks what's going on and Madda Chief springs up, stabbing Lavitz and blowing his head up with a plasma grenade. And even though lavitz is dead, he is still posting. Mwahahahahahah!

Treetops and Timber!
Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 10:30
This is the best free installer that I test. I used then for years.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2005 12:13
@Madda: Cause, I'm not realy a pirate, I just, well, take it upon myself to test the security of software keys .

mazefreak
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know the serial key. Sorry. The free version is OK anyway.

Born Trekkie.
mazefreak
Years of Service
User Offline
You can't kill people in forums, you can only do that via the phone!

Born Trekkie.
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 07:22
What does the full version do that the free version doesn't?
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 10:13
No splash screen, which is nice.

Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 18:16
You recibe the serial when you buy the product.
I dont have buy, Y use the free version.
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2005 07:10
What is the splash screen like? Can you send me a pic or something?
thanks
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2005 08:35
It just says that its been created with InstallCreator Pro.

Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2005 10:58
I have attached the image.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dgamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " What is the splash screen like? Can you send me a pic or something?
thanks"

Even if you dont care about the splash screen, its illegal to distribute the free version. You need to dish out cash.

This sig has been dullified!
mazefreak
Years of Service
User Offline
Dgamer, free version means FREE.
Anyway, who cares about legal stuff anyway?

Born Trekkie.
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 03:51
Thanks for that picture. I'll probably get the registered version.
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 04:19
just goto google.com and type:
install creator pro serial

find a good site, and there ya go, you got the whole thing, i have install creator pro, and patch maker, both full version, from a "friends" serial key

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700 128MB DDR, 80GB Hard Drive
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 09:59
Hackers, crackers. slackers... That pretty much describes all of us.

glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
watch out for viruses
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL... is that all the thanks they get for creating a free version Zero #43 ?
Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 13:50
I prefer use the free version. I dont buy but its possible than someone see the splash screen and like to build. Same as FPSC EA Games.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 18:54
Quote: " watch out for viruses"
Thats why my brother isnt alowed on teh computer.

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 19:02
You guys do realise that if you sell games that use an install creator-installer that you've made with a less legal version makes that installer illegal, right?

One thing to look forward to:
The day FPSC v 1 is released
Dgamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 04:13 Edited at: 27th Aug 2005 04:15
Quote: "Dgamer, free version means FREE."

You dont own to software, it is licensed to you. So yes, its free, provided you follow the EULA.

Quote: "Anyway, who cares about legal stuff anyway?"

You don't, but what is stopping people who download your program and see the splash screen from reporting you to clickteam? You should ALWAYS care about the legal stuff, especially if you will be publicly distributing stuff made with that program. And dont think they wouldn't sue you because you are only a small entity or are not selling your products. Frankly, i think theyd do more by suing a single lowly person than suing all the big companies who pirate their products, so everyone will know they dont just go for the ones that make profit off their products, but everyone who has ever illegally obtained their products.

RIAA for example, are only suing big-time pirates and specifically said they wont go for the ones who only download only a few songs(around 1-10 or so). I believe that's a big mistake.

Quote: " just goto google.com and type:
install creator pro serial

find a good site, and there ya go, you got the whole thing, i have install creator pro, and patch maker, both full version, from a "friends" serial key"

Isn't this hypocracy? You strive to make programs of your own but you do not want to pay for anything that other programmers make.

I seriously hope software companies go all out in trying to bring down piracy in a much more intense way than what the RIAA did. (General statement, not targetting anyone)

Furthermore, the AUP says you cant advocate any illegal activities. (And it specifies piracy)

Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 05:31
ok, this is an issue of morals and ethics. i beleive that illegal software is wrong on computers, i know it is very esy to do, and i know am proud to say that i only ahve one essential peice of software installed on my computer that i 'shouldnt' have. (not microsoft windows os lol) now, it would be very easy for anyone to use progrms that TGC make here, and sell them without buying a commercial lisence, but that is so wrong. anyways, i wouldnt trust widely distributing/selling(especially) games that i have made using a illegal installer, because just....idk it doesnt really matter, no ones really going to be cought, by people in this world, for copywriting stuff, but, theres always yourself, and your future, and one omnipotent being out there who knows everything your doing atm...

jeff o man5444
Years of Service
User Offline
man arrrrrrrrr im a pirate nothing wrong... you shouldnt sell software it should be free....just like the xbox 360 but microsoft doesnt seem to understand this..RAWWWW lol

nj studios coming soon
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 06:45
who said anything about pirates?
I'm not one(most of the time). I was just fooling around. No need to flame the thread.
Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 09:31
Dark Basic installer are made whit Install Creator and Dark Basic updates whit Patch Maker.
AndLabs
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, Habatar has a point. I figured that out a long time ago. But - but - Habatar is also WRONG! The old version of Install Creator, called Install Maker, was used to make the installer. HA!

I tried Install Creator and put it in a list of installers that I discontinued. It was one of my products and find it at my archives: http://www.andlabs.com/products/archives/index.html.

For the Software You Want, AMPERSAND LABORATORIES is the place!

AndLabs
Years of Service
User Offline
I was going to add this to my above post but AOL Call Alert interrupted me for a junk phone call. Anyways:

I like Install Creator. It is very powerful, but the Patch Maker addon just won't update Install Creator installs, so that is a big problem for me.

I also made a comparison of compression rates for free and shareware installers. Just copy the below information to a file called installers.html and view it in your web browser:

... OK, I lost the file.

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi AndLabs, I have a feeling that creating games is going to turn into an expensive project, what with all the additional software needed to create a game that does not look too similar to ganes by other FPS users.

Therefore using free software when possible is in my opinion a good idea, that however could be a problem when it comes to the installer as all free ones that I've seen do have either a splash screen or visible text indicating the company which made it.

Then there are two other issues being effective compression and download size of the game, the larger the game, the bigger the potential for wasted bandwidth due to corrupted downloads, therefore a resume function would be good.

So you may all be better of just buying a professional installer or making your own... *shrug*.
Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 16:18
Quote: "Well, Habatar has a point. I figured that out a long time ago. But - but - Habatar is also WRONG! The old version of Install Creator, called Install Maker, was used to make the installer. HA!
"

Upss, I dont remember that in the past are called Install Maker. Long time, long time.
If possible that other country versions use other installers.

I put in the message an image of a great famous program that use this installer.

Attachments

AndLabs
Years of Service
User Offline
We all know DarkBASIC uses IM.

AndLabs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 17:41 Edited at: 26th Aug 2005 17:42
No miré que esa fotografia es en español. Lo siento, pero...

Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 20:14
Woooo, jeje
In conclusión good installer
Dgamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 04:11 Edited at: 27th Aug 2005 04:11
Quote: " who said anything about pirates?
I'm not one(most of the time). I was just fooling around. No need to flame the thread."

Ahh, wasn't flaming. Im sorry if I said anything offending. Have a penguin

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
I decided the otherday to stop being a lazy so and so and create my own Downloader and Installer for games that I make, see the attached screenshot.

Next I'll work on a payment and registration system for selling games.

Attachments

mazefreak
Years of Service
User Offline
I wasn't giving out the free version, and anyway if they give the free version away, I can surely give away the free version to my friends
Oh, and I wasn't selling it either . When I said that I don't care about legal stuff I mean not all of the little teeny weeny boring bits.
I don't personally encourage piracy, and I haven't got a single illegal thing on my computer. However, I do see why people do it. One thing I hate is a 'legal junkie' (no offense Dgamer) who will go on and on about "Piracy is wrong!" and "Piracy is illegal!"

I'm not flaming. Sorry Dgamer, if I offended you. Everyone have a nice day.

Born Trekkie.
Ice Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 21:20
ok enough of all this clickteam crap... install maker was the first tool i ever used for making installers... its good fool proof tool that allows u to make basic installers... install creator is much better though since it has many new powerful features... however the price for the pro version is ridiculous...

i really cant see why you people keep focussing on this tool when there are much better tools out there.. and if you are gonna buy a tool then buy the best of all InstallShield..

well for those like me who likes free software have a look at these...

Best installer app ive tried till now is 100% free and is called Inno Setup created by Jordan Russell http://www.jrsoftware.org this tool enables you to make the most powerful installers 100% working by your will and skills...
The app is basically a compiler interface which requires a script input... the app itself has a basic wizard that gets you started but your programming skills will be needed for the rest... or you can use Bjørnar Hendens IS Tool http://www.jrsoftware.org for configuring the script.. IS Tool is GUI for making Inno Script Files... This is somewhat easy to use

an alternate solution would be to look at the Winamp creators own free solution called NSIS or Nullsoft Scriptable Install System http://nsis.sourceforge.net/...
This is freeware aswell as Winamp.. and has the same power as Inno Setup though the manual scripting is a bit more complex than Inno...
Again there is help to NSIS.. by using either the freeware HM NSIS Editor http://hmne.sourceforge.net/ or the better version (by better i mean the wizard part for beginners) which requires paid registration called Venis IX http://www.spaceblue.com/venis/
Except for the wizard the freeware is better i think..

so try something new instead of being stuck with the too expensive not worth the money Install Creator...

and there is nothing more to it... Amen

~IcePhoenix

AnthraxLabs@Phreaker.net
Ice Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 23:11
oops bugger... IS Tool site is http://www.istool.org/.. link is also available at Inno Setup page...

~IcePhoenix

AnthraxLabs@Phreaker.net
Ice Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 23:20
ok enough of all this clickteam crap... install maker was the first tool i ever used for making installers... its good fool proof tool that allows u to make basic installers... install creator is much better though since it has many new powerful features... however the price for the pro version is ridiculous...

i really cant see why you people keep focussing on this tool when there are much better tools out there.. and if you are gonna buy a tool then buy the best of all InstallShield..

well for those like me who likes free software have a look at these...

Best installer app ive tried till now is 100% free and is called Inno Setup created by Jordan Russell http://www.jrsoftware.org this tool enables you to make the most powerful installers 100% working by your will and skills...
The app is basically a compiler interface which requires a script input... the app itself has a basic wizard that gets you started but your programming skills will be needed for the rest... or you can use Bjørnar Hendens IS Tool http://www.istool.org for configuring the script.. IS Tool is GUI for making Inno Script Files... This is somewhat easy to use

an alternate solution would be to look at the Winamp creators own free solution called NSIS or Nullsoft Scriptable Install System http://nsis.sourceforge.net/...
This is freeware aswell as Winamp.. and has the same power as Inno Setup though the manual scripting is a bit more complex than Inno...
Again there is help to NSIS.. by using either the freeware HM NSIS Editor http://hmne.sourceforge.net/ or the better version (by better i mean the wizard part for beginners) which requires paid registration called Venis IX http://www.spaceblue.com/venis/
Except for the wizard the freeware is better i think..

so try something new instead of being stuck with the too expensive not worth the money Install Creator...

and there is nothing more to it... Amen

~IcePhoenix

AnthraxLabs@Phreaker.net
Ice Phoenix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2005 10:14
hmm seems like the edit post function isnt working very well

oh well.. sorry for the double post

~IcePhoenix

AnthraxLabs@Phreaker.net
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 05:22
and just to let every1 know, i do know what to search on google. i haven't taken the serial for install creator, actually i use the Inno Setup Program.

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700 128MB DDR, 80GB Hard Drive
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 06:15
yo komet, will u give me a copy of ur installer? Its nice
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 06:31
ya, could you send it to me also?? i wil put ur name in my company's credits for installations and download stuff.

Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 15:57
Thanks Ice Pheonix for making things clear. Clickteam's Installer and Patch Maker are awsome, but i dont like the free version's splash. So, i'm using the Inno Setup that you've posted. I could also make my own installer in DBPro, since i'm buying BlueGUI.

Hey Komet can you give the link of your installer? I want to see the work that you've done on it. It seems very good!

=-{SKaleX}-= Current Projects: -Insane Killer-=-Chaos Zone-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:44:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:44:42