Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems with 3D objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 11:09
Hello All,
I don't know if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find it (though that just might be my lousy skills . When I load a 3D .x object it is the right size, but when I load another, the size of the first object changes. I've tried messing around with the camera and such, but I can't figure out what is going on and how to stop this. I'm sure this is a painfully stupid question and very simple, but I'm new to all this, so if someone could help me out, I'd be extrememly grateful.
Thanks in advance.
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 16:11
I think you might need the command
Autocam Off

The word "Gullible" cannot be found in any English Dictionary.
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 17:34
I personally don't think your size changed. I more think your camera zoomed out, and your second object is much bigger then the first one.
Try loading the last one first now.

To adjust size, use the scale object id,x,y,z command.

Note: the values are in %, not 3D units.

Immunity and Annihalation makes Immunihalation...
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 21:32 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2005 21:32
like the guys said, autocam tries to keep objects in shot, so if you load a huge model second it will zoom out to frame it all, this makes the first model look as though it changed size, there are no fixed scales for 3d worlds, the models are whatever size the modeler thought was best, some people might make tiny models half a unit high, some make em several hundred units high, just rescale em and all will be well.

the average IQ is 100...but the people that took the test where trying to look smart. most people don`t go over 50.
Area 51?, I`m more intrested in what they have in areas 1 to 50
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2005 03:24
However if you make your objects smaller you can fit more into the cameras viewing frustrum, unless you want to increase the frustrum with set camera distance.
that can be slower on smaller machines though.

the standard distance is around 5000 units for the camera frustrum

if you make a cube at a size of 1 then export this out of DB using the export mesh command, you will have a unit size to work with if you need it to be absolute in sizes between your 3d program and the size of one DB cube with a unit size of 1 on all faces.

provided your 3d package can read in the x file because if you convert it with another program in the midst of transfering to your main3d program sizes and results may vary.

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself 

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 03:23:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 03:23:23