Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / I will create 3D stuff for your game/project...all inside. Just go on and open the thread.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 19:24
Alright, so what the hell? Why are you trying to scam us

Hi there. I am offering 3D modelling services for your DBP game or project. I do not charge for this, but I will require a favour any mild programmer can do.

Nothing sexual please. So what's the catch?

I am in desperate need of a simple 3D-tile editor. I am not a programer. I was not BORN a programmer, and I can't code to save my own life. You will be required to create a very simple editor where I can load and assemble identical sized tiles. (To create RPG levels similar to NeverWinter nights)

Well I might be interested...how many cats do you own, and what kinda stuff do you do?

I currently own 2 cats.

The following I CAN model and lightmap for your game:

Fantasy: Environments (Castles, ruins, temples, taverns, buildigs)
Props (rocks, trees, any other static scenery)

Sci-fi: Environments (Futuristic buildings, spaceship interiors, hallways, docking bays, storage facilitys, etc)

Urban: (Simple urban scenes/city blocks, roads, interiors, signs, rails/fences/ etc)

What I CANT model:

-Characters
-Landscapes
-Pretty much anything organic

My modelling skill varies so talk to me and we can work something out.

Any samples of your past srewups? I must satisfy my hunger for eye-junkfood.

I knew you were going to bring that up. Click to enlarge

Visit site for more levels.

Do you also do websites?

Yes I do webdesign. Visit my site for a complete list of past webdesign projects.

What of this "editor" you need coded? More info, I need.

Add me to MSN and we'll talk.

Well...I'll think about it.

Hey great! Thanks for reading!

The future is here, and I can't afford it.
Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 19:47
Sounds interesting; I might try.

You should probably post more details of your needed editor here (for people who don't have MSN, especially ):
- Should it export .x files or custom maps to be loaded into DBpro?
- Do you want a 2D birds-eye view editing or 3D world style editor?
- What do you need it to be able to make?

-Xol

DBpro IonRay IDE: Demo 0.1.0.0 available!
optical r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 19:59
i think ill try and program a 3d tile maker, i was just asking before for ur models as well so i think its a fair trade!

**** server is up and running FROM 15.41 GMT ON 22 AUGUST 05 ****
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 20:05 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2005 20:37
Well since people are too lazy for MSN, and want to know more about the editor here it is:

How it works

Firstly, keep in mind this is for a Isometric 3D game similar to Neverwinter nights or Dungeon Siege!

This editor will assemble identical tiles using a 256x256 texture. It will load the tiles in .x format along with the tile lightmap. It will not do me much good if I only load a unlightmapped but textured tile. (Make sure I have the option in selecting if I want to load the lightmap along with the tile or not)

Tiles will include general things as the floor, wall, wall-corner, door, floor-coloum, etc)

The editor must be like a viewport for a 3D modeling program: only with 2 viewports.

First view port: The top view used in assembling the level.

Second view port: The side-view used in adjusting the y position of the tiles used for creating multi-story/level areas. For example I have a tile for a catwalk, I will load that catwalk/railing tile, then move down the y grid, load the catwalk support beams, then move down the y grid and load the tile were the support beams meet the ground. Simple!

Make sure you include the ability to rotate the tile any direction by 90 degrees!

After you are complete the editor, make a "preview" mode. Remember, this is a isometric game like Diablo 2 and the camera must be at an exact angle throughout the game. Here's how I want the camera to be:

Anyway, with the preview mode, the user should be able to scroll the camera around the level using the arrow keys.

The editor needs to HIDE the tiles the user cannot see. That one is important, so please don't forget it.

I think that is all for now, ask if you have questions or you don't understand something.

EDIT: I'll accept different programers to code different parts so I can do media for everybody.

Cliff 3degs network
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 20:22 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2005 20:23
hi there i belive you will find this helpfull are using it my self. Dont remember the author.It was somewhere on the snippets board i found it?
the ability to load x models are disabled in the code so you nead to remove the snippets that create an cube and enable the routine to load in x models simplier the it sounds.

AMD ATHLON 1.8 XP WITH AN GEFORCE 4 TITANIUM 4600 (128 MB) AND 256 MB DDRAM (266).
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 21:18
Hey Magaton cat. What program do you use to create your levels they look great.

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2005 20:57 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2005 20:57
Bump - this is a good offer for all you 'coders'.
I'd help Megaton, but I read your brief and it's above my capabilities, sorry.

Katie Holmes is back!
Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2005 17:22
Hi Megaton, I noticed you posted in my Quikly 3d pro thread but then editted it out before I could read it

I think the level editor in Quikly 3d game pro would do exactly what you want once I add the .x import (already programmed just not added to the public version yet)

If you are interested I would very happily give you a free copy in exchange for some small model or texture sets that I could give to people for use with the software? The sample you gave look excellent.

Anyways let me know if its what you are looking for, no offense at all taken if its not

Cheers, Sam

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2005 17:51
Hello Kangaroo

I've been keeping a close eye on your project thread since it started, but I apoligize for not posting.

This sounds like an excellent product to get involved with. A few questons:

- I've read that you coded your own lightmapper. Will I still receive the option to load in my own Gile[s] lightmap?
Nothing against your lightmapper ofcourse, it's just about shadow tiling issues.

- I know it will support FPS and 3rd-person games, but do you think it will be able to do isometric like my game? Just wondering.

The real-time shadows and physics really intrigue me. Another question: Does the program hide all models/tiles the camera can't see to speed up framerate? The fact that you can export to DBP code is great too, as it means I won't be limited to your program if things don't work out and can then pick up from there.

Anyway, I'd have to say I am interested, and will make as many themed prefabs/levels as you need for the retail version. We'll talk more.
[Insert cellphone smilie here]

Reply on this thread. (It'll benefit me! )

Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2005 18:30
Hi

"I've been keeping a close eye on your project thread since it started, but I apoligize for not posting."
No problem at all, although the blank post confused me lol.

"This sounds like an excellent product to get involved with."
Thanks

"I've read that you coded your own lightmapper. Will I still receive the option to load in my own Gile[s] lightmap?"
Yes of course, I have an old version of Giles somewhere so I'll make sure it works. My Lightmapper is far simpler than giles, and no where near as competant, it is just there for people without a separate lightmapper and also for people whose graphics cards don't support lightmappers, as mine works by editting the actual base texture in memory. Its at a very early stage in development though.

"I know it will support FPS and 3rd-person games, but do you think it will be able to do isometric like my game? Just wondering."
Most definitely. To me third person means anything where you can see your player model. I have made a diablo style 3d demo with my current version (although this is not possible in the public demo as I'm bug squishing) third person even includes fixed and panning cameras, such as in the Resident evil & silent hill games.

"The real-time shadows and physics really intrigue me."
Its nothing an experienced coder can't to in DBPro, but it works very nicely and certainly helps the games feel more "next generation". In fact the only limiting factopr as far as I'm concerned is my own inability to make decent models and textures lol.

"Does the program hide all models/tiles the camera can't see to speed up framerate?"
Yes

"The fact that you can export to DBP code is great too, as it means I won't be limited to your program if things don't work out and can then pick up from there."
Of course. I wasn't necessarily suggesting you use my software to make your game, simply that the level making system would do well and you could import them into DBPro. However I am working hard to make sure that the scripting and variables system in Quikly will be able to make decnt RPGs as I love that style of game and see no reason why the engine couldn't handle them quite easily.

"Anyway, I'd have to say I am interested, and will make as many themed prefabs/levels as you need for the retail version. We'll talk more."
Thank you, I'd love to have some model packs for the level editor along the lines of what you have shown here, to use as prefabs etc. you are obviously a skilled texture artist and modeller

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2005 19:15 Edited at: 26th Aug 2005 18:27
Well this has been an awkward silence...

But anyway, I've found a project to work on, and school is approching fast. I won't have much time anymore.

Kangaroo: I'll still give you a texture pack though. No need for a free copy of Quickly, but thank you anyway.

Thanks everyone

Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 19:28 Edited at: 26th Aug 2005 19:32
Hi Megaton, sorry for not replying quicker, been workin hard on quikly. I have implemented some fixes you wanted, new demo up now

As for textures / models, I'm quite flexible really whatever takes your fancy, so long as its one or a number of sets, ie at least 5 textures or models etc in the same style, so they can be used together without looking out of place Fantasy, urban, ww2, sci-fi etc anything welcome. Most useful would be tilable floor textures, walls & ceilings, low poly trees, plants, weapons (guns / swords / bows etc any style), buildings for top down rpgs, cityscapes etc. Preferably any models centred in the middle for rotation please.

Theres no pressure at all, and anything goes really. Just so long as whatever you make you don't mind being given away for users to use royalty free obviously as thats the whole point. Anyway, any input on this would still qualify you for a free copy and credits in the software

I'm going on hols for a week, so apologies for any delays getting back to you. I don't always have time to check all threads, so if you want to guarantee I'll see something, post in the quikly thread or email me

Thank you in advance for anything you decide to do, as I said no pressure at all, just if you have time and something takes your imagaination As I said before, your samples look ideal

[edit] ps Any textures or models for walls, door ways etc (ie anything that can be combined to structure interior buildings) in the kind of sci fi look of the Unreal games or the dirties styles of Quake games would be easy to make but very useful to me for creating nicer looking demos. I'm also interested in more fantasy or medieval style sets like battlements, stained glass, ruins etc. Actually just anything you feel like mate, so long as sets match as I said

Cheers, Sam

Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 19:54
I'll try again.
What program did you use to produce the levels in the first screen shots.

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:34:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:34:23