Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Newcomer (almost!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2005 22:08
Hi there,

I'm not quite a newcomer but've never got to grips with DB either classic or pro.

I've got quite a lot of general programming knowledge and've done a lot with DIV in the past but've decided to move up to DarkBasic.

I've got both retail versions of DBC and DBPro (bought at various points in the past- also have DarkMatter) but aren't quite sure which to go with as a basic newcomer to the language.

DBC has a HUGE codebase and a stack of tutorials which seem first rate compared to the info available for DBPro but I don't want to spend a lot of time working on DBC then have to 'relearn' to move to DBPro.

I'd be grateful for any advise on which is best to start with (suppose it has quite a lot to do with of the DBC tutorials are compatible with DBPro).

Any help would be appreciated, Cheers!
CaMeRoN H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 03:31
Start off with text. like text based madlibs, calculators, rpg, play around with the db commands. or just look at the tutorials

NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 06:37
GroovyG,

It might be wise to come to grips of the language by starting out with its basic state, DBC. As with anything, if you first learn its past then you can learn its future more easily. After a firm grip is made of DBC, then you can move over to DBP which is a more advanced and extended version of DBC. Makes sense?

+NanoBrain+
GroovyG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 14:33
Thanks Guys,

I'll start with DBC and run through the old tutorials and snippets and put DBPro to one side for now.

Cheers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 03:21:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 03:21:48