Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Limb Checklist Value Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 18:22
Hi all,

I've created my own, multi-limbed beast and I've used the Perform Checklist for Object Limbs. That's fine - I then successfully use Checklist Quantity to find out how many limbs there are. That also works.
Then I start using Checklist Value A (through to D).

A seems to give me the limb number.
B seems to give me the limbs parent number (or -1 for limb 0)
But C and D throw me. What do these give? The numbers seem to make some sense (i.e. theyre not all 0 or -1) but I don't know what they're telling me. D 'might' be telling me the first child limb, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone tell me what Checklist Value C and Checklist Value D, do?

Many thanks.
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 19:33 Edited at: 25th Aug 2005 19:39
Are you a girl? because they have been looking for u in the General talk forums.

They Might be Offset and Scale. But i'm not sure though.

*BiggAdd Being no help looks down in shame and walks back over to the 3Dimensional Chat *

SSDD
Same Sh** Different Day
Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 20:03
Yes I am, and I've seen that thread. While it's tempting to wade in there saying "Hey! I'm a girl - stop being so shallow and daft! AND I work in the industry (so quiet you boys giggling in the back)." - what's the point?

Sorry you couldn't help - none of the limbs are scaled at all. I'm starting to think D might be the name of one of the child limbs of the limb in question, but I'd like confirmation.
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2005 20:10
It could be that it doesn't have a function for the Limb Checklist. They May have only made C and D for other checklists. But i dunno anything about programming. The best C++ program i've made so far is a program that adds 2 numbers together and then tells you if its over 50 sorry i cant help.

SSDD
Same Sh** Different Day
SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 09:10 Edited at: 26th Aug 2005 09:24
To the best of my knowledge, values C and D are only used in the net players checklist...

Net players is the only checklist I ever use, so others might use them, but I don't know of them - also I can only account for DBC, DBP might be different if that's what you're using...

I'll check out each of DBCs checklists and see what they do (but limb checklist in particular)...

Edit: To do with limbs - this is what I got

checklist value a - The number of the limb
checklist value b - -1
checklist value c - -1
checklist value d - -1

so, I can't help much either...

...maybe one day I'll finish a project
Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 09:31
So checklist value B didn't give you the number of the parent limb? In your test, did you have limbs parented to each other?

Thanks for trying anyway - I can't believe that something like this isn't in the help. *shrugs*
SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 11:04
to be honest - I don't really know, I just used a dark matter object that I knew had limbs (although this one only had 2 if you count the parent limb as a limb)

Then I just got used the CLI to get the values of A, B, C and D limb 1 got "1, -1, -1, -1" and 2 got "2, -1, -1, -1"

but I've never worked with limbs before... someone with more experience should know the answer...

...maybe one day I'll finish a project
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 12:17
I get weird values depending on which objects I load. It seems that it is greatly affectd by the way the model is made.

Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 18:59
Ok, I know that I'm not quite off the first page yet, but bumps are allowed here, it seems.

So please - anyone know what C and D are supposed to mean? And if you don't - do you know anyone that would? (I mean, can I email someone?)

Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 03:19:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 03:19:20