Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / XGI SoftImage EXP 3

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2003 15:24
welcome to XGIs version of Maya PLE ...
with a new wave of these Personal Learning/Educational version of professional software being released, it is now easier than ever to learn these fantastic products without spending out thousands which you can't afford.

if your going to download this particular CGI/CGR product, don't for a second believe that your doing so for your game media - this is top range Cinematic Graphics development only with system demands far in excess of the other packages ... you will need a relatively Professional grade machine just to use it.

That aside this take on Maya being rewritten fully for greater development depth and more speed when handling greater polycounts, does make it an exceedingly powerful program from the get go. With a range of tools and rendering options that puts even Splutterfish's Brazil into the Basic catagory.

SoftImage EXP

this is definately a product for anyone serious about Cinematic Graphics developement - and now that its free ($20 p&p CD) then now would be a good time to really begin to learn.

and remember there is also Maya PLE 4.5 and Gmax 1.2

>
Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2003 17:55
lol, you sound like one of those ppl from the home shopping channel . The only thing missing is some guy asking you stupid question and gasping over-exaggerately at all the stuff it can do.
Just wondering, what kind of specs would progs like these need?

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2003 19:48
Hardware Requirements

I'd suggest atleast AlthonXP or Pentium4 1Ghz Processors, but if you can afford them then i'd go for AlthonMP or Xeon4 Dual Processors.

The same goes for Graphics Cards, i'd suggest an nVidia Quattro/Quadro 4 XGL 500 ... however i'd recommend if you can afford it either a Quattro/Quadro FX 2000 or a Wildcat 7210

also i'd HIGHLY recommend atleast 512Mb Ram, but the more the better - also an SGI workstation would be perfect

Only Win2000 SP2+, WinXP Pro SP1 + SP2 HotFix, WinNT4 SP6a+, Linux Red Hat 7.2/7.3 (100% Supported) and Irix 1.5.14+ are fully supported.

On the Microsoft Systems you'll require 270Mb HDD Space, on Linux 610Mb with bZip2 support and some form of Windows Manager recommended and on Irix systems you'll need 600Mb Space, i'd check the supported workstations because it varies for Irix

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:06:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:06:42