Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / A Maze Game In Progress - Mission: SURVIVE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 09:01
Hi everybody,
I've been writing this game for awhile now and feel that it's time to post some of my work.

It's a maze game that uses all primitive graphics in dbpro, so you can paste the code directly into your dbpro compiler.

The circles don't move yet, but the idea is that you (the player) must dodge the circles in this maze. If one of the circles touches you then you lose.

As you can see, the code is pretty simple. I use a lot of subroutines. And I made the textures entirely inside of dbpro.

bye

It's a cook book! A COOKBOOK!
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
you can post it in "Code Snippets" room..

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2005 16:37
Actually, if you give it a screen shot, then it's best off in the WIP board.

I'll move it there for you now, but if you don't edit your post and stick in a screeny, I'll have to move it to Code Snippets

Jess.

Team EOD :: All-Round Nice Guy
Want Better dbHelp Files?
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 18:12
Not bad at all.

Unfortunately, what with me owning only DBC and everything, I had to turn off the pretty particle things and correct some of the commands.

DBC-compatible version:
(Note: A bit slow, due to DBC engine limitations involving matrix calculations, but functional.)

Oh yeah, and one thing you should put on your To-Do list is some kinda thing to stop you from going through walls. ^_^

(DBC code should be compatible with DBP too.)

Neat thing, looking forward to a version with AI implemented.

[Insert extremely witty comment here] :: Add me to MSN if you like, but don't expect any big favours [unless you like VB6]. ... IDK!!
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
actualy it only goes through the walls in your dbc version.
if you download dbp demo and run it it has full collision.

New episodes of family guy sunday!
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 23:25
Ok. Then I want monsters

[Insert extremely witty comment here] :: Add me to MSN if you like, but don't expect any big favours [unless you like VB6]. ... IDK!!
Fneep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2005 06:18
So, this is basically 3D pacman? Awesome!
What Is the point of the game? You say it is a maze game, but how do you get out of the maze?

the Last Programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2005 07:06
Thanks for the replies everyone. I was going to enter this into the 20 liner challenge, so I could win some dbp extensions.

The AI is difficult to figure out. I'm thinking about an array that checks the various open areas around the circle, then moving into one of the open areas. Then if the circle touches the player, the player loses. Then the game would start over again. The player with the highest amount of 'survival' time wins.

But I've given up this code and moved on to bigger and better things. I've now wrote a function that handles sliding collision between two objects. So you can have your character move around in a .x map area. Very fast and accurate. Check it out in the Code Snippets area.

bye

help support me by clicking ads on my website:
www.lazyoaks.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:34:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:34:38