Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / advanced terrain stuff

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Me again. I just downloaded the Advanced Terrain add-on for DBP, and i've run into a problem. When my terrain renders, it's upside down. What i mean is that the texture is on the bottom of the terrain, not the top. The code i am using calls a sub-routine to load the terrain (see code example), and calls update terrain every loop.

I've attached the heightmap too see if anyone else gets the same problem. OK, something strange just happened... when i loaded my track, it was actually right way up, until i moved my mouse then it went black, then upside down again, so it could be something to do with the movement... better put that code here too. This is being called from inside the game loop.

I'm not really worried about my matrix collision thread, cos this is easier to do, the code is much neater and easier to understand, but i still need help, so if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

One more thing, when i downloaded Adavnced terrain and installed it, i noticed that there were no keywords, so i made my own advancedterrain.ini file, so if anyone is interested, i'll post it here, or somewhere else.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 10:17 Edited at: 28th Aug 2005 10:17
You should limit your cameras xrotations to alot smaller window so the camera can't get upside down.

if CameraAngleX#>90 then CameraAngleX#=90
if CameraAngleX#<-90 then CameraAngleX#=-90

or such

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 03:25:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 03:25:49