Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Space Invaders and a small question (using DBC)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 05:28
Hi everyone! this is my first time posting here on the forums. I'm new to darkbasic classic and really need some help on making my first game. I want it to be a space invaders clone and i have some bitmaps to use. if someone could tell me that would be great. I was also wondering, why do peolpe say darkedit is better than using the editor in the that come with it?
NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 10:32
Cajel,

I do not mean to sound rude. However, we are not just going to give you the code that makes up a full Space Invaders game. Try coding the game from scratch, then ask here with specific questions that may pop up.

About DarkEdit, it truly is much more efficient.

1)opens faster(DarkBasic Interpreter does not have to load)
2)Syntax hilighting
3)Ability to open up multiple files in one program
4)Edit within a Windows environment

+NanoBrain+
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 19:02
Quote: "About DarkEdit, it truly is much more efficient."

But not as efficient as mine!

Sorry, forgive me - I couldn't resist a quick plug...

TDK_Man

NanoBrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 21:53
TDK,

Didn't realize you had an editor. Hmm...I am not that observant...hehe. What is it called?

+NanoBrain+
Lord Anki
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I prefer TDK's editor over DarkEdit, and I too am making a space invaders ripoff game, mines better than the original though, it will eventually feature cinematic cut scenes. I just need to finish with the introduction and then I can start the menu and then the gameplay. *Gets back to work*

Oh yeah, start off coding from scratch which is what I did. You will be using a lot of looping commands and sprite collision.

~ Lord Anki ~
Creator of: Space Defender
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 22:37 Edited at: 29th Aug 2005 03:58
NanoBrain:

Pathetically, it's called TDK's DB Classic IDE - Lol. (Check the link in the sig at the bottom of my posts).

However, as it's still a WIP, I might ask for suggestions on a better name for it ready for the release of the Beta version.

[Edit] Forgot to mention - it's quite a long thread, but there are plenty of screenshots if you bear with it!

TDK_Man

Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 23:00
@Cajel

Do as NanoBrain says, and start from scratch. If you don't have any idea about where to start, then do some tutorials, just to learn the basics of DB, y'know?

*** PANZERGAMES ***
Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 06:53
alright i'll try. but i'll probably come back here maybe sometime if i really get stuck
Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 12:19
i don't want someone to give me a whole code for a space invaders game. i would just like to get some help on where to start.
Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 15:48
Ive decided to abadon my space invaders clone for now. I'm going to do some tutorials to expand my very little knowledge of dbc. so for now don't post in this thread.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 03:15:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 03:15:45