Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Best format and program?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1) What do you think the best world building tool is?

2) What do you think the best 3D modeling software is? I dont have money for 3dsMAX.

3) What do you think the best terrain maker is?

4) What do you guys think the best file format for maps and terrain, and the best format for characters are?

Software I use:
DarkBASIC Pro (no extensions yet), Cartography Shop, Milkshape 3D, Paint Shop Pro 9, Magix Music Maker(E)10
Fox Dark Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 11:37 Edited at: 29th Aug 2005 11:55
1) What you call world builder can be a 3D modeling program;
2) Course you don't!!! It is the most expensive program in the world but you can always download GMax that is free. You can buy Milkshape (good and cheap) or free software like Anim8r, wing 3d, blender....or go to the DB main page and see the modeling products.
3)....
4)i use the same format in the characters and in the terrain. the .X format is more fast that .3DS but there're other formats ...

True Phantasy
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 04:00
maya unlimited is near $20,000 US it hardly compares to 3dsmax price of a few thousand.
Im sure theres something even more expensive we are not aware of.
RenderMan by pixia rings a bell.

when numptys make silly comments, i have to digress and interject.

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself 
thinkdigital
Years of Service
User Offline
1) Cartography Shop ROCKS, but if you like free stuff, Deled is okay as well.

2) What FDM said.

3) Try Multiscape, it will save to X files. Matedit and Magic World are popular DB matrix editors.

4) I always use X and CSM (Cartography Shop), and occasionally I have DB read from an MTS (Multiscape) file to create a matrix.
Ad87am
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 20:35
Maya 7 Unlimited is only £4,900.00 which is like $7000 whereas 3D Studio Max 7 costs like £3,200 so there isnt much of a difference.

http://www.Bevansfunbox.com
Sol462
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 23:57
Really there is no best [insert here]. It's really comes down to what you can afford, what prefer, and what you know how to use.
And no format is really faster than another. That's a matter of filesize and how well the loader was written (Well you can argue that as how he's probably not writing his own loader and using the DB commands.)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 03:16:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 03:16:35