Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Solution for hands in FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 08:16 Edited at: 29th Aug 2005 22:58
At first, no, this is not a method for putting hands with current FPSC weapon models. You have to do your own ones or import them into a 3D editor like 3DS Max.
This is the first time I use this wonderful modelling software: it is so easy that I can't believe it (I only used milkshape3D before. 3DSMax is even easier while much more powerful)

Well. What I have done:
- I have modeled the High Impact Submachine Gun for my upcoming game "Quantum Overload". It's an energy weapon which uses battery packs for ammunition.

- I have then modeled a hand. My first one too, made from a streched sphere with a lot of "extrudes". It's not a pro job but looks rather good:

- I mirrored the hand I made so I have two, moved some vertices to give it a different pose and merged the hands with the gun model (FILE > Merge...)

- Right now I am in the middle of the animation process. This gun by now have taken about 8 hours of my life in total. Click on for a short video featuring the animation cycle. Of course, textures are not in place yet:
Animation ----- Frames
Select = 00-17 (The weapon is taken from the inventory)
Idle = 17-38 (You are waiting with the weapon in hand)
Move = 39-64 (You run with the gun on your hands)
Start fire = 65-70 (The weapon prepares - Sight comes up)
automatic fire = 70-74 (Very short animation - Some recoil)
end fire = 74-77 (The sight goes down again)
reload = 71-107 (The used battery pack jumps off the weapon and a new one is put on it)

It's a bit tricky to make since you have to be careful or you'll screw up all the thing but you'll get your own unique weapon model with hands included.
And more, the hands models are re-usable, you can merge them with all the weapons you make/import!!

Here you are some modelling tutorials on 3DStudio Max:
-Hundreds of tutorials (in English): http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/3DS-MAX/Modeling/1
-Make your own low-poly Lara Croft (eng): http://www.3dkingdom.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=341&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
-Animation tuts (eng): http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/3DS-MAX/Animation/1
-Some nice tutorials in Spanish: http://www.3dyanimacion.com/tutoriales/tutoriales.cfm?estado=categoria&titulo=Tutoriales%20de%203DS%20Max&codigo=3
-Nice ones, these are in French: http://mr2k.3dvf.net/tutorials/max/tutorials.htm
-Nice tut on making hands (French) If I had only found this one first... lol: http://mr2k.3dvf.net/tutorials/max/polygones/joan_of_arc/part03/part03_gant01.htm

I hope this post has been useful to you. Don't forget to check the attached video (Only 380Kb. DivX 6.0)

[Click Here to get the trial version of 3DSMax 7 (85.4 Mb)]
In the download page a button at the upper right side will read "Please wait XX seconds". When the countdown is over you'll be able to push the button and download the file.
When installing 3DSMax 7 trial version, leave the serial version on "000-0000..." or it will give you an error. The app is fully functional for 30 days.

Greets ;P

edit: OH-MY-GOD! I LOVE THIS FREAKING PROGRAM!! I have just found an option under Modifiers > Subdivision Surfaces > MeshSmooth that makes low-poly models look GREAT!

This proggie pwns n00bs

Names are not final.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 09:09
sweet!

For the best flash anime, go to Lifepoint1.com
guerilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Very very sweet!!!
where can I download a trial version of 3DStudio Max.

CCC-GAMES
Diskun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 10:05 Edited at: 29th Aug 2005 11:00
Quote: " Very very sweet!!!
where can I download a trial version of 3DStudio Max."
Currently they don't have trial versions of 3DSMax, maybe because of piracy. I'm uploading it for you. It's 85Mb so it will take some time. It's fully functional for 30 days.

Estimated uploading time: Upload completed
[Click Here to get the file (85.4 Mb)]
In the download page a button at the upper right side will read "Please wait XX seconds". When the countdown is over you'll be able to push the button and download the file.

When installing 3DSMax 7 trial version, leave the serial version on "000-0000..." or it will give you an error. The app is fully functional for 30 days.

Enjoy!

Names are not final.
guerilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!!!
so I can download the 30 days here in 50 minutes?
cooool

CCC-GAMES
Diskun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 11:01
Now you have it! Read the previous post

Names are not final.
guerilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

CCC-GAMES
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 19:19
Thanx much

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 23:00
now for the hard part...getting the alignment right in fpsc...and texturing...i hate texturing...

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Diskun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 23:27
Quote: " now for the hard part...getting the alignment right in fpsc...and texturing...i hate texturing..."
Well... the alignment is try & fail, however I think that if you build your model in the 0,0,0 point of the 3D grid it should be quite well aligned. About the texturing thing... well, it really sucks since a good texturing takes a lot of work ^^U

Names are not final.
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 04:51
I have a question, how did you make the hand out of the sphere? I tried doing that and it didn't work out so well.

Diskun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 06:06
Quote: " I have a question, how did you make the hand out of the sphere? I tried doing that and it didn't work out so well."
Well, it's easier doing it than telling how is it done... I guess I will have to make a video-tutorial :/

However, in the links I posted, the last one shows how to model a hand in 3DSMax. It's not too difficult to understand althouth it's written in French

I will make a videotut for you as soon as possible, but I'm having exams soon so It may be in a few days or a week. Maybe when V1 is on the street

Names are not final.
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 06:20
Jeez! Sorry if what In said offended you. BY the way,

Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 21:44 Edited at: 30th Aug 2005 21:44
Diskun

could u give me the file for the hands u made because i suck at modeling
Diskun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 02:02 Edited at: 31st Aug 2005 02:03
Quote: " Diskun

could u give me the file for the hands u made because i suck at modeling"
Hmm... yeah... Why not?
But you still need to change its pose by selecting some vertices and rotating/movin them.

I have just attached the model to this post. It's a MAX file inside a RAR one. Open it in 3DSMax. Merge with your gun model and animate altogether. Export to DirectX format (.X) for using it in FPSC.

Greets

Names are not final.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 22:29
Thanks diskun
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2005 00:21
This hand thing was my idea. The problem is: nobody listened to me! Look in FPSC Suggestions> Actual Hands

=-{SKaleX}-= Current Projects: -Insane Killer-=-Chaos Zone-
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2005 04:16
come on dude, everyone in creation has suggested hands. you werent the first

Why do today what you could have someone else do?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Visit our site at http://www.freewebs.com/pyramidproductions!
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2005 19:13
@SarusX: I'm not talking about suggesting it, i was the first to have this solution!

BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2005 21:43
whatever, wahoo!, great work, if you can merge all the fpsc weapons with the hand, i suggest asking thegamecreators to sell it as a model pack - hands on guns!

I may Be small, but im bloomin good on a computer!

'The Ghastly panic', coming soon http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=60244&b=25
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2005 21:46
hey big computer geek. have you started work on your game yet??

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700 128MB DDR, 80GB Hard Drive
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2005 23:37
my apologies, Skalex, i misunderstood

Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2005 23:39
sarus x, srry but ummm, pyramid productions is already taken:
http://www.pyramidproductions.tv/

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700 128MB DDR, 80GB Hard Drive
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 04:21
SarusX: No Problem, i didint wanted to be rude ^^'

Anyway, get back to subject. Great looking hand!

Diskun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2005 20:03
At first, my excuses for Skalex although I didn't see his post suggesting this solution

Second, I'm glad you like the model, it's not wonderful but I'll do my best next time, hehehe.

At last a suggestion for moderators: Why not to have a pinned post on the top of the page with links to useful threads (IMHO) like this?

It would help people to find what they are looking for

Greets

Names are not final.
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 00:04
Well, i can model the same thing (i'm dont saying you model baddly, no), but what i think it's the best is the animation

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:19:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:19:33