Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Animators Needed for the Eternal Destiny Project

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 10:09 Edited at: 30th Aug 2005 10:20

About Us
For those of you who dont know, Eternal Destiny is a 3D RPG that has been in production for well over 2 Years. After a year of developement however, we decided to rebuild the entire engine and rewrite dev docs which set us back a good deal. However now we are on the verge of releasing our battle engine, which will pave the way to future tech demos. Our team consists of a few people who devote a lot of their time to the Project however, life such as school/job comes first.

What We Need
We need an animator or two who are very skilled at animating organic 3D Objects such as human meshes. We need someone who can work with deadlines and produce quality animations. If you usually work for pay, we will pay you if we think your work is worth our money. Payments would be made through PayPal.

Our Work
Although Our Website is down due to reconstruction (all the code is done, we are working on a template) our forums are available for game updates sooner. This is also where our team keeps in contact with each other. We are currently very deep into the developement of our Battle Engine, to the point where we need an animator to finish production. The following screenshots represent our developement in media, and the actual engine.

ED Storyline Taster

Ever since the war of the ideals 243 years ago, people have wondered what laid beyond the holy seal at the equator of the world. Nobody ever has been able to pass. Many have dreamt about penetrating its blue exterior but none have ever been successful.

Now at this day and age, a steam ship is heading towards the huge port of the kingdom Toldoz. One of the four kingdoms in the free world. Throughout the night there is much anticipation of the planned actions when they dock. Suddenly their ship is caught up in a storm. Many of the crew are killed in the flames aboard the ship but Deen manages to escape overboard.

The next morning he finds himself on a strange island. It is here where he meets his precious Xyla. But Deen holds a sinister Eternal Destiny than he couldnt possibly acknowledge. Destruction followed him to the island and once he has left the island the entire piece of land is engulfed in flames with no explanation. This is after Xyla has been killed in the Colan mines guiding Deen to Toldoz.

But little did he know......

Help Deen fight through evil, corruption and terror as he tries to escape his inevitable doom. Help Deen and his loyal friends discover the mystery of the Holy Seal and the true terror of the Dalerone within. Experience Xylas evil and cruelty as she tries to claim the true power of man directly from the evil race of the Ideals.

Fighting through friend and foe, heaven and hell, cavern and sea. Discover Deens [i]Eternal Destiny
.[/i]

Storyline by Andy (Mnemonix)

Deen And his Weapons
The Main Character, Deen Etheliun
Deen's Arsenal
Deen's trusty blade, The Eferrum
Another one of Deen's Swords

Monsters (1 more not pictured to appear in Demo)
The Monster 'Elevated'
The Monster 'Armed Guard'
The Boss Monster, 'Goragh'

Battle Engine Shots
[center]*NOTE* Mini me is there to represent that any character can be plugged in and still work. Random monster groups also work, only two however are shown. Screenshots are rendered at 800*600 and 640*480 simply to make file sizes smaller. The game runs in 1024*768*32 *NOTE*

The introductory title screen. All options are fully animated.
A shot of the stand in GUI / Landscape
The Skills Menu. Scrolling works in all menus.
The Sweet Smell of Victory...and items!
Defeated by a pair of Armed Guards...

Other
A Battle Trainer located on Colan Island
An Item stand located in Colan Town Square
A Mage I modelled with no link to the project

If you have any questions about the engine, I'll do my best to answer them, however some details must be kept secret and to team only. If you have any questions about features that are implemented as of now, feel free to ask, as there's only so much screenshots can do.

Contact Information
You can contact me through email at (replace [AT] with @)

Johnrocs[AT]aol.com
TheBedroomProgrammer[AT]hotmail.com

Or through AIM or MSN with the beforementioned names. You can contact myself and the rest of the team by registering on Our Forums or you can simply post here and I'll respond as soon as I see it.

Thanks for your time, Hope to hear from you soon.

John // RPGamer,
And the rest of the Eternal Destiny Developement Team[/center]

Click here to join our forums and get updates on game progress sooner!
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 19:28
Can't help I'm afraid as I'm no good at animating but project looks great!
My favourite sword is this one:
http://www.eternaldestinyonline.com/team_request/port_fantasysword.jpg I just love it!
Nice work and I hope some is able to help.

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.dbspot.com
Jozers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 20:00
It is times like these i wish i had learnt to animate . Man that looks great if my RPG turns out half as good as that i'd be very pleased. Please keep up the good work can't wait to see the game finished

Life is like a box of chocolates...
TDP Enterprises
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 20:34
When i first read the topic, i thought "wow, a mod posting a team request..." But then i read it, and this is one awesome project. Everything looks great, and i am with jozers, it is times like these i wish i could animate. This looks to be like it will be very awesome. It looks like everything is planned out nicely too. Cant wait to see it finished.

“A lot of people approach risk as if it’s the enemy when it’s really fortune’s accomplice” - Sting“
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 20:54
Hmmm... I'm not doing any project of my own right now...

So i'm going to go and try to animate something...if it works out nicely i'll contact-ify you

"We make the worst games in the universe."

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 22:10 Edited at: 30th Aug 2005 22:27
Thanks everyone. For those who dont know, this project has been together for a long time, and yes, is very well organised. I have thousands of lines of Dev. Documents on my PC, and a huge folder titled 'Eternal Destiny' with media and code I and the team have put together over the years of being together. For those who are interested, our team consists of

Myself (lots of stuff)
MikeS (coding)
Mnemonix (storyline)
jonnyhr (texture on that fantasy sword- our artist)
Frozen Flame (he did the concept for that fantasy sword)
Nynne (non forum member- awesome at music)
Benjamin (musician + coder)
FiK (modelling)
Preston Chaderton (modelling)

Freelance work from Brent Seraphim, Moggie100, DarkCoder and all my other friends that I talk to on MSN.

We could always use a good organic (human) modeller if anyones real good at that too

RPGamer

The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah this projects been going for a while its definatly well put together.

The admiral
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 00:58 Edited at: 31st Aug 2005 01:02
Deleted Spam. Keep on subject please. (sorry Peter that invovled deleting your post as it wouldnt make sense after deleting the other)

@Peter: If you register at our forums, I'll give you Junior Member access, which is just a private area for people applying for the team. Either that or you can email me, either one of the two works fine

Thanks

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 01:32
Ah, sorry, but i decided i'm not good enough in milkshape to animate human models...

maybe if i learn how to animate in anim8tor or something than i'll give you a e-mail/post/something...

--Peter

"We make the worst games in the universe."

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 01:45
Alright thanks for your time.

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 03:39
I can help a bit with the animations maybe. I can help with models too if you need some organic type things (humanoids/monsters mainly, cannot model plant life too well).

My email address is chenak@hotmail.co.uk. Send the concept, models you want animated and animation lists to me and I'll see what I can do. Though I may not beable to keep to deadlines I'l help you out for free
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 04:13
We'd like to see some work first, if thats OK of course. We've had issues sending out our models/concept before, so we have to be cautious. Hope you understand, sorry for the inconvience.

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 04:50 Edited at: 31st Aug 2005 04:50
Sure it's no problem, might take a day or so to get the bits together since my website just went caput a week ago. Heres one render I managed to find, Its 1670 polies and took 2 days to make without animation. I think it took a week or so to get the animations right.

I'l look for more, suddenly realising how small my porfolio is

Attachments

Login to view attachments
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 05:11
Definatly interested in having you on the team. I'll talk with you tomorrow - If you could add me on AIM or MSN, that'd be great Cant wait to see the animations

Alkaline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 06:32
WoW glad to see this project is still around...its prolly been amost a year since ive even heard the name ^^...

768 DDR pc3200||ATI 9600xt 256mb||330 GB hard drive||Amd XP 3000+
InDex v2.0[url]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=58885&b=8 [/url]
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 11:58
I may consider this when I get HASH Animation master, I can do all the positions and animation already, the problem is, I get bugs in my bone on Cinema 4D, yet I don't with anyother program/demo I've tried.

The thing making it a maybe is, I'm starting 6th form friday, got 2 Dark Basic related projects and 2 non Dark Basic projects, and a set of tutorials to work on.
(Dark Basic Projects are Ronin and helping with 'Rush')
(Non dark Basic projects are my Final Fantasy animation and a currently unamed online animation community project)

I'll see how quickly I can work with HASH when I get it, I'll decide then, depending if its quick as it looks, but you must consider my A-levels when if I do say yes when considering deadlines.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 14:10
Alkaline: We went for the whole 'non-public' idea for a looong time, mainly working on dev. documents and tossing around what we want to do for a demo. We decided first to start on a small walk about demo displaying some of the atmosphere features with a battle demo in it (originally what the battle trainer was for) but decided to ditch that idea and get a battle system out quickly. Its been quite busy in the private ED forums

SG: Lookin forward to seein some stuff

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 19:01
hopefully I can do it, but well I wouldn't neccesarily get your hopes up though, I'm prolly gonna get HASH in a few months, first I need a new graphics card, unless you know of any free DBP compatible other than blender I could use temporily (actually blender might be an idea, I'll see what I go do with it...)

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 19:51 Edited at: 31st Aug 2005 20:52
I'll try to get a gif of a few animations to you soon, though I'm having some problems with characterFX, seems to be spitting out sin/tan/cos errors and memory access violations when i press play...

Edit:

Managed to make a small gif of a crawling animations, not too great but it isn't exploding and the weighting seems alright

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dom
Years of Service
User Offline
Chenak what do you do your animating/moddelling in? Its very good!

"A book. I hate books. book is stupid." -- Some lame idiot
Formerly Saberdude --DFStudios--
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 00:54
Chenak: Very nice Id like to talk to you more, I'll send a model your way in a bit

Dom: Tis the artist, not the program He uses Character FX for animations he said.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 05:14
Chenak: I'll keep in touch with you on MSN. If you register on our team forums I'll give you private access

Dom
Years of Service
User Offline
RPGamer I joinde your forums but eh...not much is happening down there. I was hoping to see some screenshots or something.

"A book. I hate books. book is stupid." -- Some lame idiot
Formerly Saberdude --DFStudios--
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 14:24
Yep, the public areas arent exactly 'booming' its the private areas where the Team talks that most things are going on. Like I said, we went 'non-public' for a while We did however, announce and release screenshots there before we did here. This was my first post with anything about the battle system in it.

The ED Forums will be where early beta is released, whereas mass scale beta will be released here (for obvious reasons)

Thanks for signing up

The new website should *hopefully* be done soon. The CMS for it is all done, we just need the perty stuff I might make a PHP Monster/Item/Spell maker just for people to toy around with, as I run out of ideas fast

RPGamer

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 15:37
Yup I'm on your forums
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 16:55
Chenak - That is going to give me nightmares! Nice work!

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.dbspot.com
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 23:28
@The RPG dude, looks like you got your animator, cool, at least I won't have to put effort into learning how Blenders IK tools work and hope it won#t go loopy as in C4D

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2005 01:07
We are always looking for talent If you ever think your good and are looking for a team, send an example my way and I'll gladly take a peek Thanks for your interest.

RPGamer

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2005 03:54
John pretty much covered it all. We're working when we can, as much as we can to keep this project rolling smoothly.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2005 05:04
I only have like 1 hr of free time a day. Its hard

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2005 01:32
Ill just keep this up near the top incase anyone else is interested. Battle Engine is about 80 something % done, just waiting on animations and making everything good looking

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2005 15:11
@RPG gamer, I quit 2 of my projects due to lack of time, no point stabbing people in the back by taking on this project, soz dude...stabbing in the back is cowardly, killing face to face in a fight is much more challenging...
Well I'll look forward for the out come of this project

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 00:16
Coding for the battle engine is DONE!! The media is coming along nicely as well, hopefully the demo will be out ASAP!

David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 15:24
So, if a demo comes out, how large would it be? (MB wise)

I'm stuck on a narrowband connection at the moment, and would love to test (a.k.a break to pieces) the demo when it comes out (in-between totally smashing Drew C's Dumbo and Cool). Any ideas on the size?

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 01:26
Nope, not really

RegenProZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey RPGamer, First off let me just congrat you on your huge sucesses, or of somewhat, of the game you are planning to create.

it's good to know that some peopel still do continue to work after many years!

Your pictures are absolute awesome

Also it's amazing how you managed to write that entire length of documentation on how to create a rpg game (remember don't you?)

Unfortnatly, I'm not much of a moderller, so I cannot help you, however I am always here to support such projects like yours. And I am willing to help in any way possible If needed.

- Good Luck, Take Your Time, Don't Screw Your Code, And Maybe You'll Game Become Number #1 - #10 In The Top Games (That's If You Create An Entire StoryLine)

- XpProUser [MGSolids]

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 04:53
We do have an entire storyline Thats the whole point of dev. documents, to have everythign planned -before- hand

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2005 04:38
Yeah, once I pestered John enough, the dev documents just popped up and we started rolling along just fine. Poor RPGamer spent hours upon hours on them.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2005 04:58
I'll never forgive you. Never.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2005 01:25
If this project has anything over all others, it's the commitment it's creators posses.

Nice to see the game still kicking.

The future is here, and I can't afford it.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2005 14:16
Hehe thanks Megaton Hopefully we should have a demo out soon. Ben is working on some FX and I've been (slowly) working on adding in Animations, been SO busy lately...anyhow heres a shot

Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2005 17:52
Wow that's good and i've just got blender

New game about to be unleashed steal un theif
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 03:35
Thanks. We work hard....sometimes

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Photoshop Man!!!

Well, the models looks great but that GUI doesn't. It really looks like you just applied a few effects and put it in game. GUI doesn't have to be complex but it should have some artwork in it(Diablo 2,Guildwars, WoW).

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 21:51
Quote: "If this project has anything over all others, it's the commitment it's creators posses. "

I completely agree, most other makers have the potential, but lack time or effort to get it done, new screeny looks nice, doubt my battle engine will look as promising

Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 22:57
Can i make some models for it?

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 01:57
Show us what you can do, we'll decide on that.

@Pirat: Yeah...the GUI is a standin that I did just as a test for positioning agorathims and such Im actually not to dissapointed with how the player section turned out, but the menus and such...bleh

Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 20:28 Edited at: 21st Sep 2005 20:29
ok thanks rpgamer i would like to help in such a good project

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2005 02:32
Truly awesome. I am salivating for a demo.

I'm going to eat you!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2005 05:37
DarkBasic MAD: Send us some of your works, we will review them.

BearCDP: Thanks, so are we After doing all the years of dev. work and planning, we cant wait to actually play it Its fun as a creator to finally have something to play!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:36:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:36:47