Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / FPS tips welcome, yet another newcommer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 22:26
Hi
As you guessed I'm new to game programming and kind of need some tips, I've attached the entire source code of the project I'm working on, it's ready to be copied and pasted into DBP as a new project and will run fine, all the models are from the DarkMATTER CD, except the .wav (sound) files, which you can recreate using the sound recorder on your computer or just delete the that part of the code.

I realise there are a few bugs, that is basically why I'm posting it, it's really starting to bring me down, once I fix one problem another occurs.

Thanks in advance for any tips that could help me out, and also I'm struggling with jumping, but that's ust a side issue.

One final point, I realise I need to use a BSP Map Maker (e.g. Cartography)for the aliens to collide with rather than using and object collision box, which other objects take no notice of (the aliens just walk through the walls).

Thanks once more.

"Death is but an escape chosen by those who dare not live. I merely emancipate their souls." - Shadowblade, Master of Assassins.
Fox Dark Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 10:02
The source doesn't work. Use the [ code ] / [ /code ]

True Phantasy
Rikimaru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 19:21
oh, sorry, my first post, I didn't know.

Hope this works, and thanks for telling me

"Death is but an escape chosen by those who dare not live. I merely emancipate their souls." - Shadowblade, Master of Assassins.
Rikimaru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2005 13:19
one day this code will work, bare with me, I'm going to put the code I want to display in the "Message" part of my next post, in the code tag, I hope this works...

Please be paitent this is a confusing way to post things, what with it taking a few hours to actually appear as a post (I know this is done for security reasons etc.). And I do still need help with improving what level I have done so far.

(I'm not at my own computer now, so don't have the source code at hand)

Rikimaru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2005 20:45
ok if this doesn't work I give up

as i said before just copy and paste the code straight into your new project and it will run fine, the models are from DarkMATTER and the sound files can either be recreated using your sound recorder or just delete that part of the code.

Any feed-back would be great.

Also here's a screenshot of how it should look at the start

if it doesn't look like this at the start something went wrong...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 03:15:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 03:15:53