Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Team needed!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 01:23 Edited at: 1st Sep 2005 23:16
I am currently working on a game that i realised i could not do alone so im sure this would be the right place to post a team request if you want info on the game check this threadhttp://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=59379&b=8
What i need is

If maybe you think i have not made enough progress i will gladley ask a mod to lock this.

DBC
That would help jozers

New episodes of family guy sunday!
Jozers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 13:07 Edited at: 1st Sep 2005 13:07
Are you using DBC or DB pro. The game looks cool, i might be interested but i have another project which i am doing.I only have DBC but i have a little bit of experience in modeling.

Life is like a box of chocolates...
Jozers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 14:09 Edited at: 1st Sep 2005 14:10
Quote: "I AM GETTING PISSED OFF AT PEOPLE ASKING ME WHY THE DAMMIT BOX SINKS INTO THE DAMMIT BOXES AND IVE AWNSERED A THOUSEND TIMES I DONT KNOW WHY DAMMIT THATS WHAT IM TRYING TO FIX DAMMIT."

something like this

BTW if you press Alt Gr (right) it shoots spheres (not very well though)

I like you project i sounds fun just wanted to help out a bit.
Jozers

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
@FXGAMER: i think you should increase lil bit more your skills if u want to get into some good team..

BlueLight Online, improved version of MorningOnline
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 15:14 Edited at: 1st Sep 2005 15:29
k i will
and thank you jozers that snippet helped i actualy might use the menu well yeah ill use it if you dont mind my other one the buttons are on the side.

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 15:54 Edited at: 1st Sep 2005 15:56
I recognise much of that code... I also have dbc.

Ace Of Spades
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 16:08
uhm...team requests are not allowed unless they are extremely cool like Eternal Destiny

"Dark Basic rocks! Although the things you can do are not as dynamic as C++, just think how long it would take to do the same thing! I can get FPS of over 60!"
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
k umm lock this mode??!!??!!

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 18:03
Yeah, I'm afraid the mods only allow the most exeptional team requests to stay on. Sure, you may have done some honest work on this, but those Team Request board days are over.

The future is here, and I can't afford it.
Jozers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 19:08
The only problem is if you want to find a team to work with and you are a programmer your work is usually not graphically impressive or professional looking and people would get but of by that. But if you look at the Eternal Destiny pictures the models are of a high standard because they already have several modellers and everyone looks and the screenies and thinks wow thats good.

I think people are making it hard for less experienced programmers to find other people to work with because they get flamed and also there is nowhere for them to request a team. Plus working in a team is good if you are still learning(not a total newbie) because if you get stuck or aren't very good at something Another member of the team maybe able to help. Instead of giving up on the project like many people do.

I can only briefly remember the team request forum as it was removed shortly after i took real interest in the forums. However, I can remember the hundreds of requests to make a MMORPG from people who have never even written a line of basic and can understand the how annoying i probably was.

Just thought i would share my views
Jozers

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 19:12
Maybe specify what you need help with and this may actually be a good enough team request (seeing as you actually have something to show).

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
umm check the code snippet?!?!?!?

soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2005 02:18
IMO the code snippet could be more detailed.

e.g.
If you say what models you'd like there may be someone out there who just happens to have created something like it for themselves and wouldn't mind letting you use it.

*tries to think of witty and original signature*
*fails*
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2005 03:37
This would all be a lot simpiler if there was a team reguest forum with its own spesific rules...

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
k umm i need a fence and a model of a simple home with one room and a fat guy.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Terrible Request! Use RUSH: The Team Request or The Eternal Destiny Request as models (Not that I'm promoting mine or anything )

And Bizar guy there used to be a team request forum but it was filled with
Quote: "I WANT TEH MAKE TEH 1337 U83R MMORPG LIKE WOW ON STEROIDS!!!1111111!1!11"

From people with no skills who say things like
Quote: "heyz i wants 2 makes a mmmorpg like runescape but it will roxorZ more however im still waiting to ask my mommy if i can buy darkbasic and i dont even kno what coding meens."

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2005 06:12 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2005 06:17
Anime Blood: Yah, I kind of figured that might happen on a thred with requests... Weren't there any rules like you have to show that you've made progress with the game, or that your request has to be within reason?

FXGAMER: Anime's right, but I'll respond to it anyhow. I can do all of the models (I should even be able to animate the fat man if you're using dbpro), but you may want to get a more expirienced modeler, as my skills are only slightly better than when I made most of my BlockMan Remix models (I don't think they're that great, but maybe other people do). Heres a pic of a model I did. It's about my skill level.

Actualy I can do fairly better models now, but this is around it. I also just really like that one. My texturing can be far better than this, that is unless you want it to be cartoony.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
That look 1000x better then wat i can do the cartoon type texture makes it look nice but im using dbc all i realy need is a modle i could prolly find someone else.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:25:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:25:46