Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Pirates of Port Royale

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 10:51
wee, i can access it joining now

So you think you're tough? - Zombie Hunter DBPro Beta 1 - December 2005 - Not so tough anymore, huh?
(man, this ad suck!)
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 15:33
Quote: "Thanks, but all that seemed to do was make all the text smaller, It didnt seem to increase the resolution ."

That's weird... Making the resolution higher will shrink the text, so you would need to reposition and make the text bigger to incorporate the new text size. But the image should have looked a lot cleaner. Check the current resolution on you monitor and try the code with that resolution...

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 16:00 Edited at: 6th Nov 2005 16:00
@Lukas: Cool, your an admin now . I made a seperate "team member category", that cant access the source codes board, but I'm not sure if i did it right.
@Bizar Guy: Hmm...maybe it did, let me do something where if i press a key it goes to that res, it may help me see the change, if there is one better.

I'm going to be gone all day today, I'm going to an amusement park. Lukas, I think I got all the team members who joined under the "team member" category, but if not, go ahead and add them, i think its under the overide permission masks part once you get their name. Oh, and by the way, bad news. Now I can't access the old forums from upstairs either . Looks like your our only hope now .

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Gil, I've been sending it there. Have you tried to send something to me? Anyways, if worst comes to worst I will post the code here or on your forums.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 19:41 Edited at: 6th Nov 2005 22:05
GameDev, try sending it to me..

Gil, yeah, im sure i can find some free time at work to get the important stuff moved BUT, last friday i tried to access the forum, and it gave me that error. but it usually works. so hopefully it will..

if not, then we, or atleast I, are/am pretty sure that a new skin would not be the first thing we do

edit,
i just had a quick look through the forum. and then i remembered im not sure who is on the team and who's not on the team...

Quote: "Heckno-3D Modeller
Gamedev-Programmer (save/load function)
Hoopkidup-Programmer (collision)
David R-Programmer (quest engine)"

this is it right? no one else? AnimeBlood? Wiggett? i saw wiggett had joined, but is he on the team?

So you think you're tough? - Zombie Hunter DBPro Beta 1 - December 2005 - Not so tough anymore, huh?
(man, this ad suck!)
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 03:09
@Gamedev: no, sorry, I forgot to send something to you. Try sending it to Lukas though.
@Lukas: Uh oh, hopefully you can access it . The team is:
Gil Galvanti-Producer
Lukas-Co-producer
Heckno-3D modeller
Gamedev-Programmer
Hoopkidup-Programmer
David R-Programmer
Animeblood-2D Artist

Video games…they take you places unreachable, unfeasible. Putting you in the book...putting you in the movie...putting you in a world, that before could only be imagined. expage.com/piratesmainpage.
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 07:11 Edited at: 7th Nov 2005 07:11
I spent some time tonight refining my texturing skills.... here is an updated facial texture for PoPR... Still some more work to do on it but I feel much better than last version...

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
I joined- I'm on the team. Or at least thats what I got last I talked to Gil.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 15:13
@Heckno: Awesome! Once again, I'm amazed by your modelling and texturing skills .
@Animeblood: Yeah, you are, you can see the team member section now .

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 18:08
it seems this game gets better every day i cant wait for a demo
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 18:09
is the full game when its finished going to be freeware
Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup, will do.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 00:01
@Programmer: Thanks . The full game probably won't be, but it won't be out for a long time. The first demo will only be like 1/10 of what I want to put in there .

Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Gil, I have a new e-mail address: mognimaster@hotmail.com. Send me an e-mail, and I'll give you the code.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2005 01:29
k, will do .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2005 01:05
Just so yall know, the game is still active and we're moving along, despite the inactivity here, the game forums are much more active .

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2005 07:31
The website has been updated in the team section, tomorrow (hopefully) with new screenshots, and for those of you who havent seen we have a nice, well layed out gallery of screens.

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 02:28 Edited at: 18th Nov 2005 02:29
Gil -> you have mail

holding weapon

Palm Trees (animated for swaying in wind effect)

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 02:49
AWESOME!!! Once again, great work, Heckno, you continue to impress me .

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 21:30
those models are amazing no doubt about it
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 02:52
PoPR will have some nasty animals to deal with, below is the first rendition of a wolf we have conceived for the game...

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 07:59
that look awesome

gil do you want me to put up a section on our page where we have WIP IMAGES ? there we can showcase hecknos fantastic work

Zombie Hunter DBPro Open Source Project:
editor: 14% | survive mode: 30% | multiplayer: 0% | story mode: 0% | DEMO: 18%
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 15:13
@Heckno: Like I said on our forums, its awesome .
@Lukas: Sure, thatd be good .

Pirates of Port Royale:
http://www.popr.gwgaming.net
Live the life of a citizen from the 17th century. Anything from being an infamous pirate to a lowly blacksmith.
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2005 22:04
Has this thread been abandoned?
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 00:41
Quote: "Has this thread been abandoned? "

nope, all the discussion is taking place at the games forum now. Mostly team discussion invisible to non-team members, but feel free to post and join. Forums are here: http://www.freeibforums.com/forums/index.php?mforum=PiratesofPortRo&act=idx

Pirates of Port Royale:
Live the life of a citizen from the 17th century. Anything from being an infamous pirate to a lowly blacksmith.
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 01:46
gil, you should post a screen every once in a while here just to keep the tgc community hungry for more....
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 23:53
Alright, will do when we get something major in. I've been working on area 2 of Port Royale.

Pirates of Port Royale:
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2005 06:32 Edited at: 4th Dec 2005 15:46
ugh...anyone know why it takes you to the freeibforums home page if you try to go to the forums?
EDIT: never mind, they're working again .

Pirates of Port Royale:
Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2005 17:57
Some very nice models here, and some good ideas. This looks very similar to Galleon on Xbox and I liked that game Good luck with it

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2005 01:42
Thanks, glad you like it .

Pirates of Port Royale:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:24:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:24:55