Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Creepy FPS Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone. Pls check out my game, I need advice and critisicm. So it would be great if you can give me your honest opinion. (Some of you might have already seen this game as i put up an earlier demo version of it).

Download from http://www.bsaglam.com/Sammy.rar - 5.96 Mb
or if you dont have winrar:
http://www.bsaglam.com/Sammy.zip - 8.24 Mb

Instructions:
1) Controls: Look around using mouse, W - move forward, S - move backward

2) The .EXE file and the other files to make the game work must be located in a file named `Sammy`. If you extract directly from the zip/rar file it will automatically place it a folder named `Sammy`.

By the way, it would be great if anyone would be interested in helping me out for this project.

--------- sammy_saglam ---------
The Cage Complex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 01:23
Yeah! Damn I'm lost and can't go further after falling somewhere on the grass... This demo has a great atmosfear and makes me crazy ! And I love feeling crazy.

Please tell us more about your main idea, the game, ... Because I'm very excited !

Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 02:04
Man, you're a genius! The light effects, they... Incredible... And the sounds!

But you gotta add strafing. I'm missing that.

And what exactly do you mean by:

Quote: "By the way, it would be great if anyone would be interested in helping me out for this project."

?

Because PanzerGames would be pleased to help out with everything we can!

(Don't judge us from our website... That's very, VERY old...)

*** PANZERGAMES ***
ALPHA ZERO PRODUCTIONS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 06:33
niiiiiiice......could panzergames help me ?

Rodan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 06:47
i'd love to help. What do you need help with?

I can do textures, level design, music, but not programming.
Dot Merix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 08:06
I think i'm going to have nightmares tonight...

By the way, i think some of your objects are either mis-aligned or not textured seamlessly... example picture is attached.

WindowsXP Home(Service pack 2), Athlon XP 2400+(2.01Ghz), 1GIG Ram, Ati Radeon 9800Pro 128MB.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 12:36
This is really great work!

At times in the game I had no idea where I was going because it's really dark, but I made it all the way to the end.

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 16:30
Ahhh I remmeber playing this long ago, its beutiful man, the contrast from gritty to impossibly sterile is fantastic....the backing sound bring everything to life.

With your eye for style I suggest you look into playing around with Feild of View as you can create some sweet effects just with that...also smooth the movement of the camera so it feels softer and dreamier...maybe have slower footfalls and echo them.

Keep up the great work man !

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
I was scared at some points

New episodes of family guy sunday!
Louiz ofRohr
Years of Service
User Offline
Great.. great work man..

The worst foe lies within the self..
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 21:40
Great use of lights and sounds. Good Job!

=-{SKaleX}-= Current Projects: -Insane Killer-=-Chaos Zone-
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 23:24
Man, that thing reeks ambience.

Add a couple of shiny, pixel-shaded monsters and a couple of neat guns, and you'd have a clone of Doom 3
(...Only better...)

[Insert extremely witty comment here] :: Add me to MSN if you like, but don't expect any big favours [unless you like VB6]. ... IDK!!
Fneep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2005 12:06
Man that was scary.
I think I wet my pants...

Were are you going to go with this? Its all well and good that your making people p*ss themselves with fright, but what are you going to do with it?
Will this be the only level? Will you add levels? What will the monsters be? Will there be monsters? Will there be puzzles? What is the plot?
There is still a lot you havent told us.
Other then that, two thumbs up!

Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 23:56
Hehe so simple but it works so beautifully I love the twisting of the level design and the varied outer worldly empty soulessness of it, your design is great!

One question though, through some of the slight errors in texturing and lightmapping it looks to me as if you are using cart shop & giles or a similar combination, you are also using nuclear glory to do the collisions, why do you own these programs if you only have a trial version of DBP?

Anyway as I said, great level design and the lightmapping and sound are spot on. First thing like this I have seen in these forums, quite unique

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
I didnt like going into the dark hallways i was scared a monster was going do eat me.

"<"img src=picture"C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic\snapshot21.gif>
sAmMy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 17:42 Edited at: 9th Sep 2005 18:05
Thanks alot for the feedback guys. I feel proud! And sorry about the late reply, i was on vacation Anyhow, for some answers to the questions and other comments:
About the texturing problems: For the level I only used CShop and I used very low quality for calculating lights. Therefore it got a bit messy. I can fix it manually but, I can just never find the effort to do it. Ill probably do it now.

Quote: "Feild of View as you can create some sweet effects just with that...also smooth the movement of the camera so it feels softer and dreamier...maybe have slower footfalls and echo them.
"
I will definitely follow your advice. They are great ideas! Thanks alot

Quote: "Will this be the only level? Will you add levels? What will the monsters be? Will there be monsters? Will there be puzzles? What is the plot?"
Actually i was planning to make the whole game one level! At points it would load the next part and stuff. a bit like half-life. About the monsters, my graphics skills for creating such stuff is very low. That was what i meant by:
Quote: "it would be great if anyone would be interested in helping me out for this project."

Any help would be great! from level creating to main menu programming, anything!

Quote: "why do you own these programs if you only have a trial version of DBP?"

Yea, sorry about that, I do have the original version of DBP but I never got round to deleting the trial version. Therefore, I always forgot to use the real DBP version. My next upgrade will be compiled in the correct version --> Im going to delete the trial right now!

Anyways, about what im going to do with the game. I was actually thinking that if enough people are interested then we could make this game a community developed game and anyone who wanted could help with absolutely anything, like main menu, additional programming, levels or even ideas and level designs! But that of course it anyone's interested-->???

--------- sammy_saglam ---------
HWT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2005 01:57
Hi there

Forgive me if I come off too harsh in my opinions of your WIP

THINGS TO CONSIDER
First, I know it's a WIP, but things to note (just in case) when you're finishing it:
- Make sure you add boundaries in the right places. E.g. That place with the staircase leading to a lower level door, level12.x I think. The higher level where the stairs start doesn't have a boundary so I just fell off the entire world!

Next, try and increase the variety of spooky sounds. It's great now, but can be better.

Then there's the HUD. I know you don't have one yet, but in my opinion all you need is a few simple meters (if any) that's all - don't make it too fancy like HeavyMetal FAKK2 or Quake3.

Finally, I found that I could bend over backwards! Man, *that* was really creepy

INDIVIDUAL RATINGS

Game Playability: 5.0 stars - you've captured the atmosphere and element of fear - uncertainty - perfectly. Well done

Game Quality: 4.0 stars - since it's a WIP I shan't consider any lackings. Just make sure you get all the bits to perfection in the end.

Sounds: 4.5 stars - excellent atmospheric and matching sounds.

Graphics: 4.0 stars - excellent graphics, but just to be sure, improve your structures to perfect. Staircases shouldn't be too crooked even though it's a horror game. Improve your variety of textures used.

Lighting: 5.0 stars - nothing more to add. Your lighting is just perfect!
OVERALL: 4.7 stars - an excellent piece of work. As a full game I can't see how it won't sell tops on a commercial market. Blair Witch was a myth - this is real. Brilliance personified!

Before I go, can I ask 1 small favour. Could you make available a 640x480 resolution version on your site please - thanks

Also, if you need any help with ANYTHING - please don't hesistate to ask (except for coding since I don't have DBP )

- HWT

HelloWorld Tommorrow

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 08:27:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 08:27:08