Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Loading a Level made in Cartography Shop

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2003 23:50
I need help! For ages now i have been trying to load a level made in Cartography Shop into Dark Basic. I have put the level file and all the textures into the one folder; (levels) and written the code but i get an error message or it won't run at all.

Does anyone have some simple code they can show me that will make the basic flat matrix and then load the level. I am making a first person shooter game.
Not much time has passed but already she likes Concrete better then Grass.
Necrym
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2003 09:47
If you go to the Dark Basic website and download the FPS demo you can see how its done. Also you need the level collision file in the same directory as the level.x file
to utilise the collision data for the level.
Hope that helps.

Watch the bouncing cursor - now in 3d
Evangelion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2003 16:53
The level collision file is in the same folder as the .x file and the textures. Can you be a bit more specific in which demo to download, theres quite a few here.

Not much time has passed but already she likes Concrete better then Grass.
Necrym
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 09:53
Try these links
http://www.planetquake.com/lucid/dbfps.zip
or
ftp://ftp.darkbasic.com/cartographyshop/dbfps.zip

if these links dont work go to the download section in the cartography shop area of the darkbasic site and you will see it.

Watch the bouncing cursor - now in 3d

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 18:09:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 18:09:39