Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / problem with multiple matrices

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2005 21:51
alright, i have created multiple matrices in matedit and i want them to all be wrapped up in one program instead of seperate .dba files (to protect the coding). The user selects a mat and can view it and fly around (similar to making a program to preview maps on a game).

When i did this, the one closest to the top of the source code went perfect. However, other ones had proper textures, but arranged exactly like the first one. The terrain points all had the same hieghts as the first one.

What is the problem?

Version--DB Classic
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2005 02:11 Edited at: 6th Sep 2005 02:11
can't quite remember, but doesn't matedit make a bunch of data statements for the height of the different matrix vertices? If it does, you will need to separate the different sets and put them into subroutines along with the read commands for that particular matrix.

Hope this helps
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2005 03:26
When you want your second matrix, call the LoadMatrix function again, but with the name of the second .MDF file instead of the first one.

Delete the current matrix first and use the same matrix number.

You can turn off the camera with Set Camera View 0,0,1,1 and display a nice loading screen while you do this and then turn it back on with Set Camera View 0,0,800,600 when it¡s all loaded. That way, the player won't see it all happen.

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 03:28:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 03:28:11