Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sword collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2005 03:15
Hello good people , recently I have been attempting to make a basic action RPG engine. I've gotten mostly everything thus far but now I can't find a way to check for object collision with the sword, or in this case axe, without it including the entire model. I'm using psionic's dwarf model btw. I tried to glue an invisible object to a limb but it seems that the entire thing is one limb. I also tried positioning an invisible object where the axe is when he swings it but this method was not very effecient. I would greatly appreciate anyone who is willing to help me. .Thanks in advance.
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Make an object out of the weapon limb then use it for collison. There is something weird about that model I cant manipulate its models properly.

The admiral
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2005 14:59
For a sword I'd be tempted to cast a collision ray from the hilt to the tip of the blade...if the ray is broken you can retrieve the point of collision and such.
I'd use Good ol' Sparky's collision myself.
Hope that helps

Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2005 23:55
either that or you could detect for collision with the whole object inbetween the animation frames that the sword (or axe) is being swung.

Formerly known as SFLM.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 03:13:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 03:13:55