Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / im new..i am in need of idea

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
okay so i downloaded darkbasic and it seem alot like bulian logic and other math so i think i understand. i need help with idea fora game. shud i make a fps game? do you people like those types of games or do you perfer more stratigy style games? sorry for my terible english.

"there is no spoone"
-the matrick
Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2005 09:45
Well, there's a whole program devoted to just making FPSs - FPS Creator. You may have seen the forum section for it.

Why don't you make a game you'd like?

Do you like strategy games? Or would you prefer to make something else? People here seem to make a lot of RPGs - or rather, they start to make them, then realise they are very hard to do.

If it's your first game in DarkBasic, then maybe a puzzle or arcade game would be a good way to start?
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Well here is how I started getting the hang off coding / creating DB games, I created a couple standard games to get an understanding off how DB works.

This is the list of games i re-created:
Tetris
Breakout
Pac-Man
Super Mario Brothers 2

http://www.lupinegames.com/articles/path_to_dev.html

I personally prefer strategy games, the type of game that requires at least an IQ higher than a glass of water

Deep Thought 42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2005 16:23
Pong is something good to start with. Plenty of tutorials hanging around for that.

"Winners never quit and quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."
Silent Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2005 22:08
yes, stick to classic arcade games like pong, asteroids, battlezone (which im remaking now), and Pac-Man.
"you people" refer to a ton of us. we all have our different love of games. you can make anything using darkBASIC, from useful utilites (like TDK's Mat Edit) to tough strategy games (like Bolt's Firewall)

Version--DB Classic
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2005 23:57
Also if you decide to go with something like pong you'll find that after you've completed it you'll actually understand a lot about game programming. Not to mention that there are a ton of tutorials out there for that.

Formerly known as SFLM.
Silent Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 22:07
yea, i started prgramming in BASIC 2 years ago but i didnt know or understand much and once i did the pong tutorial a few months back. it finally started to "click" and i got into it

Version--DB Classic
900 mhz AMD Athlon, 128 MB RAM,
16 MB NVidia Vanta gfx card, Windows ME System software

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 03:26:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 03:26:27