Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Noob - First Project (IDE)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I finaly got BLueGUI so I am finaly started to code. I am making a simple IDE as a learning experiance. I am going to post any questions I have in this thread...

First question... How would I go about making the line numbers? I am not exactly sure how to have it so that for every line used in a rich text box it adds a number to the left(line numbers). I want to put the line numbers in a not so wide frame gadget.

Software I use:
DarkBASIC Pro (no extensions yet), Cartography Shop, Milkshape 3D, Paint Shop Pro 9, Magix Music Maker(E)10
Silent Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 22:04
you started top make an IDE as your first project? wow that is aiming pretty high

Version--DB Classic
900 mhz AMD Athlon, 128 MB RAM,
16 MB NVidia Vanta gfx card, Windows ME System software
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 02:27
Quote: "Ok I finaly got BLueGUI so I am finaly started to code. I am making a simple IDE as a learning experiance. I am going to post any questions I have in this thread..."

It's good that you got BlueGUI. But it's best you just stop this project and do something easier. All your going to accomplish (with this project) is taking years off your life. Start smaller like a 2D game or a text game.
Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 02:41
You started a thread exactly the same in DBpro discussion. I know that that one was told to be moved, but just wait for the mods to hopefully move it for you, don't start a new thread. It's OK this time, though . I've replied to your other thread. And yes, try a smaller project.

-Xol

DBpro IonRay IDE: Demo 0.1.0.0 available!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 03:15:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 03:15:26