Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Umm..The CLI..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, I just got the program, and whenever I go to the CLI, my screen goes black..I can't see what I'm typing, and when I type in PRINT "Hello World" I see a strange white blob in the middle of the page..Surely this isn't normal? Any ideas? If anyone could help I'd be really greatful!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2003 21:30
What are you system specs, and do you have Direct X installed (and a graphics card)

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Lawzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply, I really should have included spec..

DX 8.1
Voodoo 2 Graphics card(12MB) - Driver is unofficial but compatable with DX 8..Don't know if that would effect it
160 MB RAM
Win 98
AMD Duron (800MHZ)

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 02:21
Hmm, Ive heard some stuff about VooDoo 2, can anyone clerify this (sorry but im not much of the system man )

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2003 02:37
is the Driver from GLSetup? because if so then its likely not to be a problem ... if not i'd get ahold of Glide2x and try again

there are alot of known bugs with Voodoo based cards and DirectX - they're just not 100% compatible because their drivers are just wrapped from Glide32 (Cut down OpenGL)
i'd suggest updating to WindowsXP as soon as, because that has very stable Voodoo Drivers

failing that, your can grab a GeForce2mx PCI for around £30-40 ... can even use it with the Voodoo2 if you like

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Lawzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot for the help guys, I might just get a GeForce..Was thinking about maybe getting the GeForce 4 anyway. In the meantime, hopefully Glide2x will help Thanks again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 17:51:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 17:51:43